Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys.. a friend of mine wants to get rid of a boat and motor I gave him.

It is FREE, if you leave the trailer.

He'll get rid of it with the trailer, but that is $500.

The motor:
one side has a burnt piston that will need to be fixed, the other looks good and works good. There is no prop and I am told the prop shaft needs to be replaced.

The boat:
There is a rough patch underneath that will probably require some fiberglass work, but all in all.. it is fixable.

It is a 1987 Nitro and is 20ft long.

Here is a link to his post.

http://austin.craigslist.org/boa/568539246.html

If anyone knows a way that he can donate the boat and motor to someone that can and will tow that part away (leave the trailer).. then he will donate it. He just wants to turn the trailer into a work trailer OR get another boat. and does not wish to spend the time working on that boat.

Thanks.

Russ

·
Registered
553 Posts
Re: FREE boat and motor

That boat yard out by Decker might take it off his hands. They have tons off old boats just laying in the field over there.

·
Registered
76 Posts

If I had a trailer I wouldnt mind taking it off his hands...been looking for a project boat . Where is it rough at? Just the general top cap and or sides?

Thanks,
DeSean

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

it is a little rough (thinking..) if you are looking at the bottom of the boat from the front.. .I think the right side. It looks like it got scrapped.

I gave him the boat as it was too much for me to deal with. He was going to fix it till he saw the burnt piston.

I had it tested and the other side worked great...

It is missing a throttle, so it will need one of those, but it has the seats etc and it is very fixable.

I am sure that if you find someone willing to help (he cannot lift it.. heh).. he would haul it out to your place. Just need to be able to take the engine off and then the boat.

Let me know if you want to talk to him and I'll hook you two up. He lives out by Jonestown.

·
Registered
76 Posts

Sounds good... thinking I may take trailer and all... that way we wont have to lift it off...looks really heavy..haha

DeSean

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

lol.. yea.. the trailer is pretty solid. It needs a spot-weld on one piece, but other than that, it is clean and well-kept.

I'd do it. I originally paid 900 for all of it and then gave it to him afterwards.

Russ

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

The guy still has his boat up for sale or free, if you have a way to get it or a place he can drop the boat off.

I am looking into the place off 290, but he would rather someone that wants it gets it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts