Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Forest Creek's lake this morning from 6am-9:30. Couldn't get a topwater bite, even though I heard some big fishing just killin' bait out there while I was unloading my yak in the dark. The wind picked up around 7 and I gave up on topwaters and threw the 8" rattlesnake. I caught 7 or 8, nothing over 2 pounds. I was frustrated that I couldn't get on any bigger fish. I had to cover the whole lake to catch the ones I did, I don't think I caught two in the same spot. Not another soul out there this morning. If the wind hadn't picked up, I would have stayed and probably done ok, but it was just too windy to drift.

I took no photos. I didn't catch anything worth looking at, and it ain't that pretty out there.

Oh, I got breakfast tacos at Tio Dan's Puffy Taco on the way. That place rocks! And it's open at 5 a.m.! They make chorizo mixed with refried beans, it's pretty great.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone can fish it, as I was told it's a soil conservation site. It's in Round Rock, behind Forest Creek Country Club. Go down 79, right on (i think) FM222, first immediate left and down a few blocks you turn right into whatever large neighborhood that is and follow that road all the way down to the country club. Drive around back of the club and you can park right in front of the water. Sorry I don't know the names of the roads, but you can google the club and find it real easy. Bank fishing is crappy there, especially now with the water so low. Muddy banks with a lot of hydrilla. It's a trick right now to put a yak in because it's that mud that you can step into up to your knees. It's a great spot, though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts