Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After carefully watching the various weather reports and understanding there is potential for freezing conditions Saturday, We have decided to postpone the Belton Event.
Our major concern is and will always be the well fair of the fishermen, on the water, as well as getting to the lake and getting home safely. Cold and wet has never held back an FOM event. However this poses a different threat. Traveling early to the lake on already frozen roads, the possibility of a iced over boat ramp and the access areas, are accidents waiting to happen, and I choose not to have them during one of our events. Your entry money will be held for the February Tournament on Lake Travis, Unless you will not be fishing another event, we will gladly refund your entry fee's.
Please feel free to call me if you have any questions.
Jeff Cook 512-413-4178

· Banned
1,633 Posts
Jeff,

Personally, I can't argue with safety or with someone willing to bear the responsibility of conducting a safe event . I'll support that decision any day and my camera equipment does too.

I will definite be out to serve as camera boat at one of the upcoming FOMs when the weather is more permitting. We'll get that FOM video made sooner or later..

Tight Lines

-RH225-

· Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, it is a tough decision to make and one I have never had to make. However the possibility of frezzing rain or ice on the way to the ramp, at the ramp, or going home, made the decision easy for us. We do not want to take a chance of someone tearing up a new bass boat or truck for a FOM tournament.

· Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bassfinder said:
After carefully watching the various weather reports and understanding there is potential for freezing conditions Saturday, We have decided to postpone the Belton Event.
Our major concern is and will always be the well fair of the fishermen, on the water, as well as getting to the lake and getting home safely. Cold and wet has never held back an FOM event. However this poses a different threat. Traveling early to the lake on already frozen roads, the possibility of a iced over boat ramp and the access areas, are accidents waiting to happen, and I choose not to have them during  one of our events. Your entry money will be held for the February Tournament on Lake Travis, Unless you will not be fishing another event, we will gladly refund your entry fee's.
Please feel free to call me if you have any questions.
Jeff Cook 512-413-4178
This was not to sound as harsh as I might have ment it.
I will be more than happy to refund anyones money, just give me a call. Do not feel that you have to fish
Lake Travis. I am will be more that happy to refund your money. We are a non profit organization, and "The show must go on" for your entry fees is not our goal.
Sorry for the inconvience.
Thanks jeff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.