Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly, I'm a new user here so apologies for any formatting or etiquette mistakes. I recently got back into fishing after almost a decade.

I recently discovered Cypress Creek Park even though I've lived 10 min from it for 4yrs. I took my dog, wife, & child there this weekend and noticed a lot of shallow water and bank access that would be easily wadable. I also have a kayak but I'm curious if people fly fish the shallows that area? I saw some small fish running from what looked like a small bass in the shallows so figured there would be some opportunities to pick up some little guys on the fly there.

Anyone have luck there on the fly? I was thinking using either clouser minnows or floating hoppers.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Firstly, I'm a new user here so apologies for any formatting or etiquette mistakes. I recently got back into fishing after almost a decade.

I recently discovered Cypress Creek Park even though I've lived 10 min from it for 4yrs. I took my dog, wife, & child there this weekend and noticed a lot of shallow water and bank access that would be easily wadable. I also have a kayak but I'm curious if people fly fish the shallows that area? I saw some small fish running from what looked like a small bass in the shallows so figured there would be some opportunities to pick up some little guys on the fly there.

Anyone have luck there on the fly? I was thinking using either clouser minnows or floating hoppers.
I would be careful with where you step in Cypress Creek on the "free" parking side. I saw what it looked like during the drought and there is a drop off. Clouser minnows, woolly buggers,and floating poppers at around dawn and dusk are very productive.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I recently bought a kayak so can use it when able, but if I'm on a time crunch (since it's only 10min away) I was thinking about wading. I'll watch out for the dropoffs, though with my polarized lenses I can usually tell when its about to go from 2ft to deeper. Another thing I noticed was some broken beer bottles along the shore which is unfortunate.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts