Bass Fishing Forum banner

Fly fishing - 9/26

769 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  BassinAg 
#1 ·
Had to take momma to work early Saturday morning so I thought I would try my hand with a fly rod at the Library pond by the hospital. Flykast got me thinking about trying this out since I have not used that equipment in years. Fortunately the banks are clear with lots of room to try and cast. I only had 4 large popper bugs so I tied one on and started working the line. Water was crystal clear and just getting light out when I hooked my first fish. Thought I had my new PB but it turned out to be a nice brim instead. Dang I forgot out fun these flimsy rods can be. For the next 90 minutes I caught 7 dink LMB and about a dozen brim. Pond had heavy weed cover just beneath the surface and I ended up breaking off all my flies on fish taking me into the weeds and not being able to move them. Not sure how you get around that one but at least I have a reason (as if one is needed) to go to Academy and/or Bass Pro Shop now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.