Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother in law in Michagan is fishing the BFL in his area as a non-boater at this point until he buys his new boat, but just wondering if any of you fish the BFL here in Texas?

I know they are not in our backyard but just wondering, it seems that if someone is looking to get sponsored or turn pro, that you would want that kind of exposure instead of local club tournaments. Do I have this backwards?

· Registered
114 Posts
I am fishing the BFL Louisanna/Texas trail this year because I wanted to fish different lakes and mainly fish Toledo and Rayburn. I fish on the coangler side and hoping I will make the top 40 so I can move up to the Stren series next year. I'm currently 12th with two tournaments to go (Toledo & Rayburn). Its been a good experience and the Red River is different than anything else I have ever fished. I have been paired with very good and knowledgeable partners to one that did not have a clue. Luck of the draw when you fish the coangler side.

· Registered
114 Posts
Yes, we did and the timing is very critical because if you get there too soon you wait or get there too late coming back you might not make the weighin. It was interesting seeing that many bass boats all tied up in one spot. Just after they shut the locks they announced to some other boats that just missed the gates that it would be 30 to 45 minute wait. I do not how many were on the otherside but they did not make it back to the weighin on time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.