Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Banned
5,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know how many teams are expected this weekend? I was looking at the payout, and if you are in 40th-50th place, you still get TEN GRAND :eek: :eek: ;D

So if there are 200 boats, you have a 25% shot at 10Grand or more...I like those odds 8)

· Banned
1,010 Posts
There are 200 boats/teams. I believe the pro entry cost is $3500. I'm not sure about the co-angler entry. I have a feeling this tourney is going to come down to a game of ounces in determining payouts for spots 20th-50th. Total payout of the tourney is $1M :)

-Rich

· Banned
5,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So what other investments oppty's do you have where you have a 25% chance of a 190% ROI?

I am kinda suprised that bookies/vegas gambler types don't pay the entry fee of there favorite angler for a cut of the action....you know, the guys that will bet on anything.

Or pay a 1/3 of each of the top 3 anglers entry fee's from last year to make the odds better...

I could be completely wrong here, but it sounds closer odds than horse or dog racing ;D

· Banned
5,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just trying to figure out a quick way to come up with my April 15th Uncle Sam Tax Payment... ;D

Otherwise known as NAID "National adopt an illegal day"

Ouch, was that outloud ;D

· Registered
192 Posts
Well back to the point b4 it got all racial...

Now to get technical...
Terry you are considering the odds to be even money. However since fishing is a skill sport, most people would not have even ods. I would not back anyones entry fee if they were fishing agaisnt 50 people better than them. So you got to consider your probability of beating every one else. Me against 3 other pros I would not give myself 25% - otherwise you would be saying I have a = chance to beat a pro (such as KVD) as he does me. (But luck also plays a factor, these 7#s seem to be making all the difference in this tourny.)

Off topic this just got me thinking, how sweet would it be to be the top pros (KVD again) in a tourny.

· Banned
5,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jon - of course I know it's not all even chances, but I was thinking about it some more and see if this makes sense...

If you are a pro you are not fishing against 200 people, just 99 other pro's, right?

So, after entry fee, you have a 50/50 shot of making it in the top 50, there by making 10 grand...

And at that level of fishing, I think there is a good deal of luck to it as well...they are all world-class fisherman, and on a lake like travis, it's just who gets the right 5 bites.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.