Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent some time out at Travis Mansfield damn area today checking out the pros boats and trucks. I was able to meet Larry Nixon, Dion Hibdon, and Tom Mann Jr., Brent Ehrler, and many others. Everyone was very willing to chat for a minute and sign autographs. Most of the ones I talked with said they may launch on Thurs/Friday at Mansfield and run over to Highlands lakes Marina for the actual take off and weigh in. Very cool experience to meet some of these guys fishing for a living.

· Registered
239 Posts
Is anyone going down Thursday and/or Friday to Highland Lakes Marina? I may drive up one of those days to see whats going on before I bring the family up for the weekend at the convention center.

What time is take off?
What time is weigh in?

If anyone else is planning on going maybe we can meet up?
Later,
Noel

· Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Take off at 7pm and weigh in at 3pm. I will be down there both days as it is real close to the house. Probably 1 morning to watch take off and both days for the weigh in. At this point I'm not thinking about following them around by boat. That my change if the weather is nice.

· Banned
1,780 Posts
I plan on going Thurs and Fri watchign the take off and weigh in.

I plan to take the boat at least 1 day (maybe both on Thurs and Fri) but Sat and Sunday are Family Funtime Zone days at the convention center.

Kida hard to prefish while all the other boats are zooming around.

I guess a better approach will ust be watching them ;D.

Talked to Brent on the lake along with many other anglers. Took a series of photos on the water as well at the Meet the Pros meeting tonight.

kp

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.