Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
5,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In an effort to keep this section of the forum as clean and low maintenance as possible, we ask new members to read this before posting.  The reason for keeping this section to fishing reports only is simple.  It's to provide an easily searchable way to find fishing reports on your favorite lakes.  Many professional and advanced anglers keep log books of their own fishing reports from the past and find that resource invaluable when it comes to finding fish on a regular basis.  

Example Detailed Format:

Lake:  Lake Bastrop
Date:  27 NOV 2010  1:30-4:30pm
Weather: Warm blue bird afternoon the 60's.  Light s/sw wind.  
Water Conditions:  Normal stain.  Temps around 66-68 on the cold areas.  Didn't go into the discharge area.

Summary:
Dropped in at North Shore and set out flipping reeds without much success so changed up and targeted some main lake grass lines and started hooking dinks and a skinny 3 pounder.  Caught them all on rattle snakes and jigs dragged slowly in and around patches of grass.  Definitely a slow bite but we figured it would be given the blue bird conditions.  Despite slow bites and low numbers it was still fun getting out and spending time on the water with good company and soaking up the sunshine.

Also realize it doesn't have to be as detailed and time consuming as that, there is also value in a light style:

Example of a quick report:
Fished Lake Travis this morning (date will be in your post) and caught fish up to 3lbs on the lower end of the lake.  Focus was on ledges and bluff walls, with finesse jigs and rigs.  

Also adding pictures is a great way to share the trip with others!

If you want to talk about fishing a certain lake or pattern then there is plenty of help in the Misc Section and Tips and Techniques section, both are wide open and get plenty of traffic to get you the info you need.  

·
Registered
16 Posts
I do want to apologize to all the fisherman who use this site. I posted some questions in the wrong section the other day and have caught all kinds of lip from it. I will make sure if I EVER post anything again, it will be in the right area. And yes, it was a Rookie mistake. good luck to all on the water with the "Green Monsters".

·
Registered
31 Posts
Why don't you encourage new fisherman rather than shame them for posting their information. Go create a website for experienced bass fishing.com for your selves. Seems many of you forgot where you started at and where you are now. It's a shame you think your so skilled when a 5 year old can land a bigger bass than you have ever caught just by casting to the right location.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Why don't you encourage new fisherman rather than shame them for posting their information. Go create a website for experienced bass fishing.com for your selves. Seems many of you forgot where you started at and where you are now. It's a shame you think your so skilled when a 5 year old can land a bigger bass than you have ever caught just by casting to the right location.
Yeah, but I bet I could still kick that 5 year old's ass.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Welcome to ABF. Things thend to get a bit rough around here, I highly recommend this:

Food Ingredient Household supply Dairy

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I think you need to read the post again TennVol1. This is from our Admin asking to post fishing reports in the fishing reports section. There is no mention of shaming them. But you are awfully quick to become a keyboard terrorist and tell the admin to start another site that. You aren't even 6 months old on this site and from the looks of it don't contribute all that much. Maybe you should start your own site.

·
Registered
474 Posts

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Well let's just see then.

How Many Five Year Olds Can You Realistically Take In A Fight?

I can apparently take 52 in a single fight! I am also undefeated against high school cheerleaders!
We tied....

You got: 52!

52?! 52! I am in awe. You are a true child-whoopin’ hero. They should hold a ceremony in your honor. They should rename Devry University in your honor. They should rename that Foo Fighters’ album “In Your Honor” in your honor.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.