Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone!

I'm rather new the forum and tried searching through the posts for a thread specifically on the UT area, but unfortunately I couldn't find one.
I am a student at UT and I recently picked up bass fishing again. You don't have to give up any specific spots, but any direction/guidance on ponds, lakes, creeks, etc near the college with large mouth bass would be greatly appreciated. *Unfortunately, I do not have access to a boat/kayak, but I do have a car.

Thanks in advance,

LittleAsianDude

·
Registered
92 Posts
Muellar Lake on the other side of I-35 (off of Airport). Town Lake just south of downtown - can't miss it. I haven't fished either one, but heard they are really good.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Hello Everyone!

I'm rather new the forum and tried searching through the posts for a thread specifically on the UT area, but unfortunately I couldn't find one.
I am a student at UT and I recently picked up bass fishing again. You don't have to give up any specific spots, but any direction/guidance on ponds, lakes, creeks, etc near the college with large mouth bass would be greatly appreciated. *Unfortunately, I do not have access to a boat/kayak, but I do have a car.

Thanks in advance,

LittleAsianDude
Since you have a car thought you might like this map - Google map with fishing spot markers

·
Registered
71 Posts
Welcome to ATX and UT, i am on staff at the University, i keep a fishing pole in my office, why you may ask.... Waller creek, only small bass but the creek has some large Cichlids and some of the most beautiful sunfish i have ever come across. Waller creek is not a bass creek per say but at least within walking distance of campus you do have a nice fishing diversion for Cichlids and Sunnies

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you don't mind 10-15 min drive try Barkley Meadow Park. Just east of airport. Free. 2 10 acre lakes loaded with LMB, sunfish, catfish. Great post spawn/summer fishing.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Welcome to ATX and UT, i am on staff at the University, i keep a fishing pole in my office, why you may ask.... Waller creek, only small bass but the creek has some large Cichlids and some of the most beautiful sunfish i have ever come across. Waller creek is not a bass creek per say but at least within walking distance of campus you do have a nice fishing diversion for Cichlids and Sunnies
Only slightly further away Shoal creek is very similar.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Only slightly further away in the opposite direction, Shoal creek is very similar.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts