Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello new to the site just wanted to let ya'll know.
A few weeks ago around 11pm my self & a friend went to old settler’s park in round rock to do some night fishing off of the bank. I ended up catching a 10lb cat out of the lake/pound. I was using some catfish bait i got from Wal-Mart (I will get the name brand & post it later).
My buddy got a few small bass but that’s about it. We were only there for about an hour or so. not to bad for a short time.
By the way the cat tasted grate.
I have a pic if some one can post it? i can send it in a e-mail.

·
Registered
229 Posts
grass hopper, I have caught several species from that pond, but not a cat, yet.
I bet their aint a catfisher around that hasn't purchased a tub of stink bait from wally world at some point. Just don't forget to take it out of the trunk. :eek:

Next time you go there, ask the grounds keepers when the next time they will mow the grass around the lake.
Take your own names advice "grass hopper" and load up on those little suckers. Put them on a hook under a float, or with a sinker weight on the bottom. You will catch all kinds of different fish.
You might try the little pier, or head up the bank where the creek comes in. It gets narrow, and shallow up there. You will have a blast!

Great way to pass the day bank fishing.

Good luck!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
342E313C33393B342E35382F5D0 said:
hey guys how do i get to old settlers i was looking for it the other day wanted to check it out
Head east on hwy 79 off of I-35. You will go about 3 miles. Right before dell diamond there is a Chevron gas station & the salt lick BBQ. Turn left at the stop light. Follow the road into the park haft way in start looking to your right. You will see the lake/pound.
Good luck

ps.
If you have kids take them with you if they don't want to fish they can play on the play ground it's very close to the water. Also a good place to take the whole family for a pick nick at the park w/fishing.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks 54classic my boss turned me on to this site. he is a lerker.
thanks for the info fishster i will try that. it seems like i'm at OSP all the time. my son plays baseball at the filds. so on my way to or from a game i will check with the lawn guy if i see them.
thanks

·
Registered
71 Posts
Skunked yet again at OSP today
Normal OSP stain
Clear Skies, breezy and hot
Only thing I've seen caught today are little sunfish.lot of people out here for memorial day. no luck on any bass lures

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hi, Grass hopper

Are you the one who usually fished with your son out of the jon boat back to 2009? If yes, I remember that you said that you caught the big bass (20+ inches) at the creek end at OSP.

Regards,

Frank

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello new to the site just wanted to let ya'll know.
A few weeks ago around 11pm my self & a friend went to old settler’s park in round rock to do some night fishing off of the bank. I ended up catching a 10lb cat out of the lake/pound. I was using some catfish bait i got from Wal-Mart (I will get the name brand & post it later).
My buddy got a few small bass but that’s about it. We were only there for about an hour or so. not to bad for a short time.
By the way the cat tasted grate.
I have a pic if some one can post it? i can send it in a e-mail.
In

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Physical address probably won’t help much because Bright Lake is deep within the park. If you don’t have access to a map of Round Rock, you might give the city a call and they can guide you in.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts