Bass Fishing Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
What ever the runners want, the runners will get, because 15,000 of them are out there burning off their $25 lunches every single day and that is no financial comparison to you and me and a dozen of our friends wanting to sit on a bucket and drown fake worms from that bridge. Look what they did to Lake Austin, an environmental treasure turned into a disaster in less than two years, and telling the public how successful it was, just to reduce the inconvenience of the majority and protect the tax revenue.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Blanket warning are simply a deterrent to the less knowledgeable legally informed. If there is an inherent risk, the owner or controlling individual, corporation, government entity can still be held liable. Those quickie signs and forms, events have you sign are just to attempt to con the average person who doesn't know any better out of a lawsuit.

Just like those damage warning signs on the back of dump trucks, utterly worthless! It falls off your vehicle and damages someone else's, you're at fault.

Like those signs on docks "No fishing around here." Which we all know are worthless.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I just have a feeling that if this ban had never been proposed and there was a headline "Westlake mother of 2 hooked in face by fisherman on boardwalk" that some of you would find a way to blame Obama or Illegal immigrants.
You never know, ole Greg Abbot might file another frivolous lawsuit over it against the feds. I wonder what he thinks those actually do. Can you only imagine how many he's going to propose now.
Might be a bad joke, but probably a good thing the guy can't jump up and down in a temper tantrum.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Blanket warning are simply a deterrent to the less knowledgeable legally informed. If there is an inherent risk, the owner or controlling individual, corporation, government entity can still be held liable. ...........
Well and like I said before to some extent I believe the COA is covered by sovereign immunity (I'm not up to date on all my SI tort exceptions in Texas for local municipalities, but if you are a lawyer perhaps you are). That being said, the reason I mentioned this was just to have this in the back of the minds for anybody who was going to go argue on behalf of anglers. It might not get brought up, but having a plan for any and all objections can only help their cause.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.