Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
I've actually fished that spot off Lakeshore next to the hostel by the food trucks. Water was murky and lots of debris. Seems like fishermen are getting the short end of the lake, so to speak.
But hey, glad we keep the good, clean water upstream for dogs to jump and crap in.

·
Registered
757 Posts
...At the very least if this was a concern the city could post signs stating they are not liable for any accidents incurred on this bridge. This could also serve as reminder to both bikers/pedestrians and anglers to be aware of one another. Not a perfect example but in a similar way that dirt bike park on 9th street between West and Lamar is a city of austin park. Many years ago after some kid got hurt and sued the city, they didn't level the park. Instead the city put up signs that say bike at your own risk, city is not responsible. Anyways, good luck with yalls meeting.
Signage- it's really that easy.

I'd like to call this page to everyone's attention:
Parks, trails, and open space in Austin and Travis County | Austin Parks Foundation

Below the map, you'll see the line item "Fishing Piers - 1". You'll also notice in the pics section that there are at least two pics of people fishing. Has anyone ever seen a sign that says "Fishing Pier" on Red Bud Isle? I'm convinced if they had some signs around that place that said "Catch and Release" or "Fishing Allowed", you'd have less angry dog owners or at least quieter ones. Signs work great at Mueller.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.