Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Banned
1,799 Posts
Re: Fishin For Freedom 2009 Boaters Needed

This is an awesome event, I challenge all to sign up as a boater (if possible) ;).

I enjoed the last 2 time we fished this event even though it's just a small token of our appreciation to take a soldier fishing for the day.

There were many ABF members that particiapted last year. This year lets help raise the bar and exceed the amount of entries we set last year.

kp

·
Registered
138 Posts

Fishin For Freedom 2009 Boaters Needed
Yesterday at 11:44am Quote
Visit our web site for additional information, rules and registration forms. On line Registration is preferred. First Place is over $18,000. That's the best payout anywhere without an entry fee.

Cut & Pasted from above....

[email protected]

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Nitro We do not charge an entry fee. The only money you are out of pocket is the optional Big Bass and the cost of Taken a soldier fishing. We do have a lot of raffle items that will be given away at the dinner. One is a boat! BBQ Dinner is provided on Friday night, we have several classes starting at 4:00 pm and our guest speaker is Forest Woods.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts

Well hell, look for me out there then. My brother is in the Air Force, 20 yrs he's been in.

Looking forward to it.

·
Registered
287 Posts

I just want to say this is one event that you will truly enjoy and I am excited to do some fishing with my soldier. The Banquet is a great time as well. No entry fee and a chance to win some cool prize.
Register Early, just like last year there are more soldiers than boaters.

·
Registered
686 Posts

This is truely one of the best events that I've ever participated in and can't wait to fish the tournament.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts

Signed up today, if anyone is interested in going in on a room friday night I'll have one reserved at a holiday inn somewhere close.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts

Does anyone know if you can only be active? I mean I did active duty for four years and now I'm in the Reserves, so can I enter this event?

·
Banned
1,647 Posts

Marine0311,

Welcome to ABF.  As for your question,  it shouldn't be a problem but I'll give Cliff a call to be sure.  

So where did you serve as a grunt?  I was an Army tanker for a while but spent some time with the 1st marine Division in Ramadi doing some spook work for DoD in my post uniform days.  

·
Banned
1,647 Posts

Marine0311,

Just heard from Cliff.  You are go to go.  Just sign up as a non-boater.  You'll have to enter contact info, rank, ID, and the usual stuff.

Go here to register:

http://www.texasboatworld.com/custompage.asp?pg=fishingforfreedom

Looking forward to it!

Here are some pictures of some ABF members that participated last year

ABF Boaters at the pre-T dinner meeting

Presentations at the dinner.

The weigh-in tent.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Re: Fishin For Freedom 2009 Boaters Needed  (ABF F4F '08 photos added)

I really wanted to be a boater for this, but I have to work that day. I'm almost 100% positive there will be a member of the Texas Bass Team out there though. This is a great event for a great cause!

·
Registered
2,914 Posts

Just hope it isn't too windy that day. I/we could get beat up pretty good in my 17.5 footer. Prob the smallest boat in the T, but, I will be taking a soldier fishing so that's all that matters right?

·
Banned
1,799 Posts

The past years' events have been a HUGE succes and I encourage everbody, to challenge themselves to make this event and provide a man or woman of our armed foces and opportunity for a day on the lake.

To me, allocating 1 day on the water with a soldier (some who have never been in a boat much less a tourney atmosphere) amounts nowhere near the sacrifice given for or freedom thus allowing us to deserve life opportunities that others around the world are not able to conceive.

I'd love to see a strong ABF showing at the Friday night meeting :cool:.
Make yourself, ABF (if need be), and most importantly, USA proud ;)

kp

·
Registered
2,914 Posts

I just called Cliff to confirm my registration and he said that more non-boaters have signed up and now he is looking for another 100 boats to sign up. He also said notifications of your boat#, flight# and partner should be coming out soon.

Scott

1 - 20 of 49 Posts