Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a few conversations with guys that are interested in fishing FOM and were looking for partners, boaters and non boaters alike. If you are interested in fishing and need a partner, then post here or call or email me, and I can try to put you in touch with someone.

Merry Christmas

· Banned
1,780 Posts
For those that want to try out a circuit that you will enjoy, I highly recommend FOM.

Jeff and crew do a great job.

There are dinners the night before (you will leave with a full belly) and lots of goodies for the raffle.

If you haven't fished any curcuits and you would like to get your feet wet without breaking bank, then this will be for you. Not to mention, there are many avenues that can allow you to qualify for Regionals / Nationals.

Good luck.

kp

· Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Swimmy :)
I am going send everyone interested to this topic to hook up!
Jukebox you can always come out at help if your schedule allows, that goes for anyone.

rmvfishing
Membership is $35.00(annually), entry fees are $150.00 per event

If you have any questions, give me a call 512-413-4178

· Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here is a link to the 2008 rules.

http://www.fomntt.com/rules.php

I wanted to highlight our Adult/Junior and Male/Female category.

These are our fastest growing teams, and we welcome you to team up and compete for the Regional Championship and possibly a chance to the National Championship.

20. ADULT/JUNIOR & MALE/FEMALE REGIONAL TEAMS

The highest finishing Adult/Junior team and the highest finishing Male/Female team in the year end point standings will earn berths into the Regional Championship Tournament. An Adult/Junior team is defined as a team with one member who has reached his/her nineteenth birthday on or before September 10, 2008, and another member who has not reached his/her nineteenth birthday on or before September 10, 2008.

To be eligible to earn one of these berths in the Regional Tournament, these teams must compete in at least three tournaments with their partner or a sub within the division they are qualifying through, furthermore, they must maintain their Adult/Junior or Male/Female status in the event they have to use a substitute. For example; any person substituting for a junior must be a junior, a person substituting for a female must be a female, etc. These substitutes must also fit the description of a legal substitute as described in rule #16.

16. CHANGE OF PARTNERS & USE OF SUBS  

A permanent partner change may only be made prior to the start of the second tournament within your division with all points retained. A participant may fish solo in as many tournaments as becomes necessary and retain all points. The following may serve as a substitute in a tournament at any time while still retaining all points: Grandparent, Parent, Spouse, Sibling, Child, Grandchild, or any in-law of the same relations. Any youth who has not reached his/her nineteenth birthday on or before September 10, 2008 may also serve as a legal substitute. (Adult/Junior teams and Male/Female teams See rule #20.) That legal substitute may serve as a sub in as many tournaments as needed, however, before serving as a sub for a second time, he/she must become a Team Series member or Gold member. A substitute may not fish alone. In Multiple day events a team may use any combination of original partners and legal subs to have two anglers in the boat each day. One of the team members must always be one of the original partners. At least one of the original team members must compete in the tournament for the team to receive tournament points. Any person who qualifies as a legal sub may fish with a member on the Official Practice day at any time. No other substitutions will be allowed. Hardship cases may be appealed to the National Office. Partner disagreements do not constitute hardship cases.

Merry Christmas
Jeff

· Registered
206 Posts
One of the best circuits around for good clean fun and enjoyment, a good meal on Friday night and a great time at the T and weigh-in. Heck you can even come see me and the taco truck for best ever tackle deals. I'll admit I'm partial but also always tell the truth.

· Registered
918 Posts
Regan, I mean SPONGE, this would be a great way for you to get involved in fishing tournys. We have a bunch of guys from the ABF that come out and fish our tournys. You already know some of them and this will give you a good shot at meeting up with anglers from around the Central Texas area. If you'll look at our 2008 schedule, you will see that our furtherest away tourny is on Big Buch. There are anglers your age and younger that fish our tournys. Seriously consider looking into it. I hope to see you fishing some more tournys. You got your first victory last week and I inow you enjoyed it. This could turn out to be the same. You wont know if you don't try!

Roy

· Registered
1,471 Posts
Roy- I've been thinking about it. I really want to fish these T's, since it'll be a great way to become a better angler. I've done a few kayak T's, and a few from boats, and I've done pretty well actually. Fayette was the best I've done. I love tournaments, and this tournament trail sounds like a good one. Actually, Rude called me earlier, and was thinking about fishing this also. He asked me if I'd be interested in partnering with him as an adult/junior team. I'd love to fish it. I have a lot to prvoe though in these T's since I'm 15. Hopefully I can continue doing good in T's. Not sure if Rude and I will go yet. He's going to think about it. He's going to let me know in a few days. Hopefully we'll end up fishing these T's. Fishing lakes you've never seen is always fun, and it puts you to the test. Thanks guys for all this info. I hope I can fish these.

· Registered
10,147 Posts
Entry fees shall be $150.00 per boat per tournament, which includes Big Fish. Entry fees for divisional tournaments should be mailed to the Division Director and must be postmarked no later than the Friday 8 days prior the Tournament. MUST BE MAILED BY FRIDAY, JANUARY 18th....

Overview for non-members for a team of two:

$70 for membership fees for two
$150 for entry fees for two
TOTAL of two non-members is $220....

Or $110 per person....

ENTRY FORM:
http://www.fomntt.com/download/EntryForm.pdf

Membership Form:
http://www.fomntt.com/download/membership.pdf

· Registered
918 Posts
rmvfishing said:
Hey Jeff, Rude and I are in!  8)
This is great news! Jeff (Bassfinder) and I were talking today at lunch about you and Yung and the situation. We wern't sure if Yung would have his boat repaired in time or if there was some other problems. We were hoping that the two of you would decide to fish the Trail. I'm sure Jeff will be glad to hear that you guys decided to go for it!

I'm thinking that a positive outcome is possible for you Regan. This could very well be a great start for your future in bass fishing.

Best of luck to both of you,
Roy

· Registered
500 Posts
It looks like I can make all but the first one if someone wants to fish FOM. ;) Shout back if interested. I'm on some good fish on Travis so we can make a plan. I'll be out there fishing the NCR BASS event on the same day.

· Registered
435 Posts
Bryan, it could get messy fishing both. NCR is five fish individual weight and FOM rules state:
All culling must be done at the time the 6th fish is caught; no team may continue fishing with more than the tournament limit in the livewell at any time during the tournament, with the exception of dead fish that is not included in their limit.
That last part is a little weird. Can you keep more fish if one dies on you and not weigh it in?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.