Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I would like to thank Jeff for putting on such an awesome tournament. You guys are organized, and ran it well!  8) And thanks Yung, for taking me on this trip, and choosing me as your partner. Here's my report.

RudeHo225 and I arrived at Jones Brothers Park at 5:45AM. Due to the heavy fog, the launch time was set back to 8AM. We were number 61, in the 3rd Flight. We finally launched, and headed straight into the fog.  8)

I'm not going to go into details like some of my reports, since it'll be a LONG post.  ;D

We ended up with 15 fish, and only 2 keepers. They went 5.10lbs, with the big fish of the trip being my 3.75lber. We caught fish, just none were the right size.  ::)

Triton and American Rodsmiths  8)

Big fish 3.75lbs.

2 fish sack, for 5.10lbs.

Another pic of my 3.75.

My bigger fish had a belly!  :eek: Looked like she was full of eggs.

Anyways, I have a good video my Dad took of the FOM guys fizzing fish. Got it on tape.  8)

Baits- Drop Shot, Shakey Head
Wind- 3-4 MPH, with 10 MPH gusts after 3PM
Fish Caught- 15 between us, with 2 keepers
Total Weight- 5.10lbs.
Big Bass- 3.75lbs.

All fish were caught deep. Caught some 12" Guadalupes early on in 25'-35'. Bigger bass was caught in 37'. The FOM guys said one of the bass weighed in was caught in 68'. :eek:

I thought this was weird. Caught a pretty nice crappie on drop shot.  ??? I've caught plenty of crappie when I try, but never when fishing for bass in a T. Kind of odd. That crappie has a big hole in his paper lips after that hookset.  ;D Rude has a pic of it, maybe he'll post it tomorrow.

It was tough to catch keepers today. I caught a 13.5"er right of the bat.  :mad: I'll put up the video here in a few minutes. Thanks again Jeff and the FOM guys. And thanks Rude for taking me. I had a lot of fun.  8)

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Charlie, Kevin and Dan placed 6th. Congrats Kevin and Dan! ;)

At least we could go to weigh-in with a fish. That 3.75lber. gave us new life. ;D We were kinda bumming about catching all those unders. Then I hook it, and thought it was a dink. It made a pretty loud splash that really woke us up. ;D After that, we kept on trying and caught a lot more dinks, and one more keeper with 30 minutes to weigh-in. ;) Can't wait to see the picture of that crappie I caught.

Looking forward to the next tourney on Buchanan. We're doing every lake, and I'm looking forward to them all. ;)

·
Registered
606 Posts
Congrats on your big fish. Nice to meet all of yall,Rude,RMV, Airfob. It was a tough day out there,but fun. We ended up tied for 15th. Small check but felt good after that day. Dropshot and shakey head worked for us. The last two hours i culled 3 times, due to my good old trusty spot. I think my biggest went around 3lbs.

Last but not least thanks to all who put this on, it was an awesome event. Cant wait for Buchanon.

Congrats to all who pulled checks and congrats skeetermark for his win in the federation.

·
Registered
918 Posts
BassCat_200 (James) we crossed paths and didn't know it at the FOM. I had camera duty saturday instead of working the check-ins. I took your pics and didn't know it was you . If I would have known, I would have said hello to ya. Sorry I missed shaking your hand. Maybe at Big Buch we'll meet face to face and you'll see just how ugly I am ;D

RG

·
Banned
1,799 Posts
Thanks for the props rmvfishing!

Dan and I manages to put a few inthe boat.

We threw senkos and flukes along bluff walls and got lucky.

Props out to all ABF'ers that participated- great to see y'all out there 8).

Congrats to Hastings/Fisher/Jacky/Ken for thier catch.

kp

·
Registered
9,803 Posts
Congrats to all winners...

However, I feel that if Yung and Regan stay on that one spot and fished in deeper water, you could have had a 15-20lb stringer, IMO....I had one a week ago, just needed to fish deeper....there will be a next time...

But at least you fished, I had family commitments....maybe next time...

·
Registered
606 Posts
maybe next time RG. You did a great job at camera duties. Look forward to seeing all the pictures. Boy it turned out to be a nice day out there. So now that thats over whos all fishing Bass Champs, and if you are see you there.

Hey skeetermark, what exactley is the federation nation and how do you become involved.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Fishless-N-Austin said:
Line of the day at weighin...when Jeff asked Andy how did his day go....Andy responds, "It aint Lake Austin."

:p
I wanted to thank you Jeremey for helping with the SLOW Count. that was funny. I decided to quit asking. If your not doing anything for buch, come out and get dirty with the rest of us....
Thanks bud

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.