Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lake Belton Results are up on www.fomcentex.com
Great day of fishing Saturday.  68 teams fished, 301 fished weighed in  for 668.61 pounds. ave fish per team 4 - ave weight per team 10.13
There were 58 limits weighed in  :eek:
Congrats to Chris Baker and Alan Green with 18.02 pounds and a 8.04 kicker.

here are the top 10 places
1. Alan Green/Chris Baker  - 18.02 big fish 8.04
2. Travis Jones Jr/Jason Jones  -  15.10
3. John Weatherly/Rex Wheeler  -  14.51
4. Dale Read/Paul Carmen  -  14.12
5. Gene Williams/Shawn Uschan  - 14.09
6. Landon Glass/Fred Rau  - 14.04
7. Roger and Jerral Boling  -  13.71
8. Kevin Pederzani/Dan Taylor  - 13.69
9. Mike James/Andy Nuyen  - 13.55
10. Dave Hogge/Rick Keagle  - 13.34
Second Big Bass went to Derek Yamamoto/Tye Heineman 5.07.

Gus should have all photos, and ytd results up    www.fomcentex.com

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Looks like it was a nice day out there. A few SMB too. I need to go up and fish that lake. I have never caught a smallie. Nice pics. Thanks for the results.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Jeff,

Great job by you and all the volunteers. Congrats to the Baker - Green team. Their 8+ kicker left everyone in the dust.

58 limits is awesome. There was only 5 lbs. seperating 2nd and 39th places. 2.37 lbs. seperated 2nd and 15th.

Penalties really played a part and would have altered the top thirteen. I know everyone strives to keep their fish healthy and it pays to do so from both a sportsman's perspective as well as standings at the finish line. My partner Russell, did an outstanding job of reviving our first and largest smallmouth when it looked like she was on her last leg. Thanks SURE LIFE!

By the way even though we did not have to "fizz" any of our fish at Belton, we used the hypodermic method quite a bit at Amistad and it worked great. It should be emphasized before Stillhouse as I belive there will be more deep fish caught there.

Again great tourament and looking forward to Stillhouse.

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
basstrack said:
A few SMB too. I need to go up and fish that lake. I have never caught a smallie.
Basstrack,

Do yourself a favor, if you get a chance treat yourself to a day on Belton and go after your first smallie.   It'll be worth it for the change in scenary and to experience the attitude that those brown bass have...  Quite a few were brought in to the scales and I hooked a 2lb 7 oz Smallie in practice but strangely enough Regan and I had all Largemouths in our bag.  

JeffC,

That 8 lbr was a heck of a kicker!  And I second your statement that Jeff Cook and his crew put on a fun and professional tournament that rival the best of them... Great job guys...

·
Banned
1,799 Posts
IT was a nice outing.

Dan and I caught our fish throughout the fay including a slab crappie, white bass, catfish and a goo :D.

Glad to see a great turnout for Belton.

Has this lake produced some fish this year or what??? :eek:

kp

·
Registered
724 Posts
First I'd like to thank God, my wife Anna, and Alan for allowing me the opportunity to fish in tournaments! Also, I can't forget Jeff and the FOM staff! Thanks, Thanks a lot!

Neither of us practiced so we started off fishing mainlake riprap and points with a variety of baits. With only a few dinks we finally made a move at about 9:30. We went to a place that we had confidence in from previous tournaments, sure we could get a small limit. Boy were we wrong! The fish were much better quality! We caught fish the rest of the day. And at about 2:00 Alan caught his big one.

All I can say is that we fished fairly deep and all of our keepers were caught on the same bait. In the 75 yard stretch that we caught them in we never had any company. I hope no one heard us hooting, howling, and carring on! Alan should be fishing BassChamps, I'll be out of town.

Oh Yeah, come on Alan, tell us about you're big fish!!! ;D

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
Good job Chris!

Everytime I see you at the FOM events I say to myself, I know who that guy is but I just can't seem to remember his name or from where.   OF course it's from ABF...

Anyway, if you were wondering why I always have that "I think I know you but I'm not sure" look then now you know why...  

Great kicker fish!  That definitely warrants plenty of hooting and hollaring.  I know the feeling and can relate to that!

Congrats

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
How did you and the Ninja do last nite ??? DOH its tonight. LOL Good luck guys.
Eagerly awaiting the results on Travis. Hope to see you on LA next wk. After last week I have a feeling we will see you out there again. ;)
Congrats again on your new PB. That was AWSOME :eek:
Couldnt have happen on a better nite to a deserving fisherman.
                         Jim ;D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.