Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only took a couple of pics. I did not fish, just showed up to see what the ABF boys did...My back was hurting too much to fight the waves...

Glad to have met some of those ABFer's that I have been talking to, but never met in person, too.

At 1:45pm, boats starting to show for weigh-in.

EA and Ranger188 had a five fish limit of 11.13lbs

Austin Bass Fishing Banner is showing proud!

CONGRATS TO FISHGOD AND SWIMBAIT placing and getting their $$$$

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
Re: Fishers of Men 2007 Tournament PICS

Thanks Ranger R77 for posting some pics..

I know you would have taken the $$$$ if your back was not so messed up... I hope it gets better soon!

ABF did show in force. Congrats Swimmy and FishGod. !!!!

Hade a great time fishing with the " Collector" the guy has mad skills on any lake...

EA

G

·

Thanks for the pictures Robert!

Was a great trip out on Lake Travis. Almost forgot that there was another lake here in Austin! ;D

Congrats to Swimbait and Fishgod! Way to represent!

EA thanks for the last minute invite. For sure a great time out on the water. 8)

·
Banned
1,012 Posts

Hats off to Jeff Cook and crew at the Fishers of Men who put on a top quality tournament! Thanks also to George Cook with Geneva Baits for supporting the tournament and the ABF (see sponsor banner on ABF home page).

Great pics, Robert! I'm glad you made it out to the weigh-in. Wish we could have seen you on stage! You've been on a lot of quality fish on L. Travis lately.

Dan and Kevin stepped up to represent the ABF nicely. Way to go fellas!

Thanks to Alan, Crankbait, and others who showed up to help out at the weigh-in and represent the ABF.

Charlie and Eric, the ABF sign looked great!

Rude and I had a good time. We started out on fish early. Picked up a solid 2.5lber but couldn't pull any more keeps out of that spot. Hit our usual spots in the lower basin with only a few fish here and there on wind blown points. Bites picked up again for us once the sun came out and we were able to track them down up in Sandy Creek on some shaky head worms off rock ledges. Finished with 4 keeps including a 15+ in spot! Thanks again Rude for the ride! I was impressed with how well the Triton handled the ride back to Mansfield in the rougher water. Kudos to the boat and driver :D

-Rich

·
Banned
1,647 Posts

Good times guys. ABF was definitely in the house.

As for the fishing; all my spots I pre-fished went cold. 518 and his spots gave us some more options and that allowed to at least show up at weigh-in without hanging our heads to o low. Nice team work Rich and killer spot you reeled in!

It was definitely a choppy on the run from Sandy Creek to Mansfield. The Triton does alright when you trim it down and let the Rude's horses plow through.

·
Registered
9,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I forgot to thank Alan for having sausage wraps. FOM provides cold sodas.

Thanks guys for the nice comments. Always nice to hang with such FUN guys!

I heard from reliable source, that there were 78 teams..

Big stringer was 17.75lbs with a 5.22lb kicker...That is a healthy average of bass in my opinion.

Most of the bigger fish were caught right below Max Starke Dam.

After thinking about that area, Lake Austin has been good up near the Mansfield dam. It must have something to do with the release of water, and the water moving. Collection the bait, resulting in big bass near or below the dams.

Back in September, I fished Fayette county discharge and caught a lot of big bass..

Back in late October, I fished Bastrop lakes discharge and caught a lot of big bass at the discharge.

My biggest bass ever, came below Tom Miller Dam, while LCRA was releasing water. It was 13lbs, per paper scale. Released to fight another day.

IMO: BASS LOVE MOVING WATER! If not moving, then hanging close by...

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Good seeing everyone out there, congrats to Scott and Sterling as well as Kevin and Dan.  I think Sterling has funded his college tuition to Harvard from his tournament winnings by now!

Terry and I managed to catch 3 limits yesterday but could only cull ozs at a time, ended up with 5 for 8.64 or something like that.  It's pretty sad when you get that many keepers and cannot scratch out 10 lbs.  Caught them on almost everything we threw...topwater, blades, cranks, tx rigged plastics, shakyhead and drop shot.  Only thing that did not get bit was the wacky worm.  Just could not find the better quality fish we had been on in the past couple months...which seemed to be a recurring theme yesterday and a cliche by now.

Good to finally meet and talk to you George.  

I had a good time despite the mediocre fishing, arrived at Mansfield at 5 am and did not leave till 9 pm...good times hanging with the crew as always!

Time to grab some breakfast, think I'll have some eggs and...

SAUSAGE!!!  :-X :p ;D ;D ;D

·
Banned
1,012 Posts
Man, I totally remembering seeing Scott and Sterling picking up their awards yesterday.  Can't believe I forgot to give them props for representing the ABF.  Way to go, guys!!  You've had a great showing at the opens this fall (top finishes in TOZ and FOM)!!  I remember fishing a lot of tournaments with my dad growing up.  We didn't bring home enough to pay for my school but I have a lot of great memories.  Best time came on Lake Cypress Springs in East Texas.  It was a two day T.  We caught nice limits both days with dad catching a 7+ on Sat and me catching an 8+ on Sun.  We cleaned house at that T winning big bass both days and first place overall.  Good times!!

Scott, look forward to seeing you and Sterling on the winner's stand again next time (behind Rude and I hopefully)!!   ;D

-Rich

·
Banned
5,460 Posts
Man I miss Cypress Springs ;D - Road trip.... 8)

Anyways, we put in more effort yesterday than any T we have fished so far. I have never caught or seen more cookie cutter 2 lbers than we caught yesterday. Just couldn't get a bigger bite, but oh well, it was a great time.

The funniest part was culling, we had to pull every fish out of the well because they were all basically the same size to cull...a little nerve racking having your limit dancing on the deck. Going to pick up a culling tool for next time.

·
Registered
206 Posts
What grand memories presented by these photos. I have a bunch to load when I can get some time. Had a fantastic time and so glad to get to meet so many of your face to face. Just verified all my impressions of this bunch of avid fishermen and genuine good guys. Love ABF and am here till you run me off. ;D
Thanks for the photos Robert, Thanks for the sausage it rode well back to Houston. Just enjoyed the whole thing and I'm very proud of my son....he's a good guy for Fishers of Men, ABF and Austin. God Bless you all.
I'll post a link to the album....I took over 100 shots yesterday and caught most of you at the scales and at the payout. Thanks.

·
Banned
1,539 Posts
Great turn out guys!! Glad we could be apart of this tournament.

The FOM guys are some of the best around. Jeff Cook we appreciate the oppurtunity to come out and help you guys out. Always a pleasure.

Thanks to all the ABF guys that helped out with the Sausages out there. Alan special thanks to you for putting in all that extra work.

Wish me and BAM could have represented a little better but most of our guys did really well. Had a great time with my bro on the water, the fish can take my dignity but they cant take the good time out there with him ;D.

Congrats to all the money winners no suprise to see the guys in the top 10 that were there.

Take Care
H.H.J.

·
Banned
1,799 Posts
Thanks for the congrats guys.

Dan and I were tickled (in a masculine manner) that we even had those types of bites.

Neither one of us has fished LT recently nor have we fished where we did in many many years.

Game plan? We'll put in here, go there and see what happens. Lucky for us we were on a good jig bite, which is where our confidence is when fishing together (I think Dan gave Charlie a heads up on that :p).

Jeff always puts on a fun T. If you enjoyed this, then I highly suggest y'all check into the FOM circuit. All Ts are like this one and we even get fed the night before.

Good to see all the ABFers. TOZ, and FOM gang out on the lake- always a good time.

Props to Alan for the sausages 8), of which I have yet to pass :-[ :eek: :D.
Next time we do this, I have an idea (already verfied it will work ;)) that we can apply.

Good to see Scott and Sterling collecting another check
and to Gary and partner that had 17lbs- great job!
Also congrats to the ABFer's that also received a check!'

Always a good time when the crew is out!

kp

·
Registered
918 Posts
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned anything about EA's new push pole he won yesterday ;D

Here is a list of 25 fellow ABF'ers that were at the FOM tourny. I was working the check-in table so this is strickly from memory and i'm sure i'll leave out a few. I'll apologize in advance in case I do.

HHJ, Bam, Rudeho225, 518SVX, Ranger_R77, EA, Airfob, Grnhead, Ranger188, Fishgod, swimbait, tsstagner and son Sterling, Alan, Bassfinder, ZX200LGP, The Dudster,  Jroberts, Crankbait, and George with his TACO TRUCK.

TOZ was out in full force as well.
Cody Ryan Greaney, Jason Patureau, Don Gordon, Brian Booker, and Robby Crabb.

I'd say ABF had a rather large turnout and that banner was looking good up there flying in the wind.

·
Registered
287 Posts
We have the total results posted on our website.www.fomcentex.com

I would like to thank ABF for supporting FOM. Alan and the Sausage team thanks for feeding the fishermen. Roy (Crankbait) much appreciation with the check in line, welcome to the team!
And of coarse those that participated in the tournament, we truly appreciate it.

We also want to give a great big Thank You to Cliff and every one at Texas Boat World, They make this event possible and we are proud to be Partnered with a great organization that is committed to taking care of their customers, I would encourage anyone looking at a new or used boat to call Cliff before you make a decision, it could save you some money.

A great big thank you to Sportsman’s Warehouse for their continued support, this is a company that is committed to supporting their community and we are very happy to be a partner with them.

Of coarse Thanks to my biggest sponsor and best friend. Dad, and Geneva Bait and Tackle.

Clint Foster at the Academy (I35 and 183) thanks for your support.

Jerry Shine with Grande Bass Trophy Hunter Baits.

And our newest Sponsor Kevin E. Severance and Progressive
And the Arbor Carwash

You can find more details on our official sponsors at our website. www.fomcentex.com

I just received the photos on a CD and will have them up ASAP.
Here are the top paying places
1- G.Weimer-Dean Taylor 17.75# 5.22 1st Place Big Bass
2- Scott and Sterling Stagner 14.98# 4.99 Big Bass
3- Dan Taylor- K. Pederzani 14.98# 4.98 2nd Place Big Bass
4- K.Everett-D.Everett 14.15#
5- F.Fisher-M. Hastings 14.03
6- B.Polkinghorn-C.Whited 13.37
7- R.WHITHOUSE-D.BLUMRICH 12.93
8- C.CONNER-K.FAIRLY 11.95
9- D.GORDON-J.SHINE 11.64
9- J.ROBERTS-T.SPRINKLES 11.64

Here a few photos the rest will be on the web soon.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.