Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is really more of a weekend report. Hit the lake Friday and Saturday around 6:00 and fished till 11:00ish both nights in The Beast. Friday night we put 4 in the boat with the biggest about 4lbs. Saturday we only boated 3 but right before dusk I hooked into a fish and it immediately started stripping drag. My buddy grabs the net. A few minutes into the battle, the fish surfaces. Coming completely out of the water, I found out why I was having such a tough time getting the ******* in. It was one of the elusive LA Stripers and this sucker was 30ish inches from our guestamation. Moments after he breached the surface, he freed himself from my crank bait. It was everything I could do to keep from throwing all my gear in the lake.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nice and hoppy ........ I am a huge fan of IPAs and this is pretty close to it. Funny thing, I drank 2 last night with a buddy of mine. He had picked up a 12 pack of them and offered me a couple. They were in bottles and didn't seem quite as hoppy. Not sure if it is a can thing or not? Kinda weird...... I have always preferred bottles over cans. This was the first time that the canned version tasted better than the bottled.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts