Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All - I'm planning on buying a used fishing boat within the next year and have been considering a number of Tracker brand boats. Since I'm totally new to boat ownership I need some advice on what kind of configuration I should consider. I'm leaning towards a 16' to 17' Tracker model with at least 40hp. One big part of my decision based on my research is hull type - Mod-V or a full deep V hull. I've never been on a bass boat before unfortunately so i don't have a reference point beyond being on a fiberglass bow rider boat.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

·
Registered
122 Posts
If you are in the north Austin, or further north area, I have a Pro 160 I would let you ride in to try out. Georgetown is a pretty lake to ride on. PM me if you are interested, or just want to pick my brain. I am no expert, but study boats a lot.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All - I'm planning on buying a used fishing boat within the next year and have been considering a number of Tracker brand boats. Since I'm totally new to boat ownership I need some advice on what kind of configuration I should consider. I'm leaning towards a 16' to 17' Tracker model with at least 40hp. One big part of my decision based on my research is hull type - Mod-V or a full deep V hull. I've never been on a bass boat before unfortunately so i don't have a reference point beyond being on a fiberglass bow rider boat.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Hey bud, I have a Tracker 190tx. Like the poster above me, I’d be happy to take you out one weekend and let you ride around & fish with me. I go to Georgetown a bit, but mostly Lake Travis out in the Lago Vista area. I’ve been wanting to venture out to Bastrop, Decker, and some of the other lakes I haven’t fished but haven’t made the effort just yet. I love my Tracker. I got it used back on Memorial Day weekend this year. It’s a 2014. I usually get out every weekend, either Saturday or Sunday.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts