Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I want to go out for bank fishing on Aug 13th early morning. It would be my first bass fishing in my life. So any of your comments and tips would be appreciated for the following questions.

• Early morning is good time like before sunrise and spend 2-3 hours? do you recommend another time of the day?
  • any recommendation for fishing spot? i live in Great Oaks area in Round Rock. I am willing to travel upto an hour.
  • any specific tackle should i prepare?
  • any tips for this summer morning fishing?

Thank you!!

·
Super Moderator
2,483 Posts
Welcome to the board, Bohegri! There are some really good and nearby options for a beginning angler. Closest to you is probably Round Rock West Park. RRWP has nice wide open banks for someone to practice casting out a small in-line spinner or a 1/16 oz Texas rigged finesse worm. You may luck in to a small bass or sunfish.

Another nearby spot would be Creekside Park. Very scenic and historic. Cast to the city’s namesake “Round Rock” with a roadrunner or a maybe a bobber with a crappie nibbles. Again, nice open banks to cast from but catching one from this clear water could be a challenge.

I also like Veteran’s Park. I‘ve caught nice bass from above the dam the last three times I’ve been there with Texas rigged finesse worm. Other lakes that are near you that I have limited experience at are Brushy Creek Park Lake and Forest Creek Golf Club Lake.

If you want your bass fishing journey to get kick-started with a good’un, make the fifteen minute drive to either Meadow Lake or Bright Lake (aka Old Settlers Lake). Both of these lakes have seven plus pound largemouth. At these nice reservoirs, you can take welderdude’s advice and throw topwater baits and spinnerbaits. I’d also suggest casting a texposed 5” yamasenko, reeling slow with long pauses. You have a sporting chance of getting at least a three pounder. Good Luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the board, Bohegri! There are some really good and nearby options for a beginning angler. Closest to you is probably Round Rock West Park. RRWP has nice wide open banks for someone to practice casting out a small in-line spinner or a 1/16 oz Texas rigged finesse worm. You may luck in to a small bass or sunfish.

Another nearby spot would be Creekside Park. Very scenic and historic. Cast to the city’s namesake “Round Rock” with a roadrunner or a maybe a bobber with a crappie nibbles. Again, nice open banks to cast from but catching one from this clear water could be a challenge.

I also like Veteran’s Park. I‘ve caught nice bass from above the dam the last three times I’ve been there with Texas rigged finesse worm. Other lakes that are near you that I have limited experience at are Brushy Creek Park Lake and Forest Creek Golf Club Lake.

If you want your bass fishing journey to get kick-started with a good’un, make the fifteen minute drive to either Meadow Lake or Bright Lake (aka Old Settlers Lake). Both of these lakes have seven plus pound largemouth. At these nice reservoirs, you can take welderdude’s advice and throw topwater baits and spinnerbaits. I’d also suggest casting a texposed 5” yamasenko, reeling slow with long pauses. You have a sporting chance of getting at least a three pounder. Good Luck!
thanks for the good info. I think i will try either Meadow Lake or Bright Lake. I will let you know if I get any. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Guys,

I want to go out for bank fishing on Aug 13th early morning. It would be my first bass fishing in my life. So any of your comments and tips would be appreciated for the following questions.

• Early morning is good time like before sunrise and spend 2-3 hours? do you recommend another time of the day?
  • any recommendation for fishing spot? i live in Great Oaks area in Round Rock. I am willing to travel upto an hour.
  • any specific tackle should i prepare?
  • any tips for this summer morning fishing?

Thank you!!
If you really don't mind the drive... The point at Red Bud Isle at dawn is my favorite spot as far as being scenic and also a really good fishing spot. Also lots of spots with bank access on the island, not just the point, but the point and channels on either side have nice bass for sure. The small parking lot gets crowded but you shouldn't have a problem of you get there 30mins before first light.

Good luck wherever you go! I recommend soft worms (bigger the better in my opinion) or 4" creature bait

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you really don't mind the drive... The point at Red Bud Isle at dawn is my favorite spot as far as being scenic and also a really good fishing spot. Also lots of spots with bank access on the island, not just the point, but the point and channels on either side have nice bass for sure. The small parking lot gets crowded but you shouldn't have a problem of you get there 30mins before first light.

Good luck wherever you go! I recommend soft worms (bigger the better in my opinion) or 4" creature bait
Hi, thanks for sharing your good information. Definitely I will check it out. I will let you know. Seems like I need to purchase one day license before I purchase the annual license after Aug 30. LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts