Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An old friend called me Thursday evening and asked me to go to Bastrop with him so I caught a case of the "Intentional Flu" on Friday and headed out.

What a neat lake !  We started in the discharge like everyone has been telling me but had only one small fish there.  I did not see the schooling action other than some small swirls.  Did have one bass swirl right beside the boat chasing a VERY small baitfish.

We then started moving around, picked up a couple around Althea's Point on Baby Brush Hawgs and jigs with a Rage Tail Chunk.....and then the wind kicked up.

Jerry wanted to go back into the creeks to do some sight fishing so we started hitting all the creeks to look for bedding bass.  The algae bloom and the wind kept us from seeing much but we did find several cleared out places that appeared to be beds.  We finally found two beds close to one another with fish on them.  On the first, the bass would move away every time we threw into the bed.  On the other however, the bass stayed and eyed the bait.  It took Jerry almost 20 minutes and repeated flips to the bed to finally get it to take the bait, but he did catch a nice 4 lber.

After that we moved to the dam and started throwing crankbaits and picked up 4-5 bass there near the north end of the dam.  Got checked by a very friendly Game Warden and her partner who told us that everyone they had talked to that day had been having a tough time. Made one more pass at the dam and called it  day with about 15 total fish for the day..tough day for me because I never caught a fish on a spinnerbait...LOL !!!!

It was a very good day except for the wind and I really enjoyed being on Lake Bastrop again after so many years.  I will return soon !!!

Sorry...no pics, I forgot the camera !

[email protected]

·
Registered
998 Posts
Thanks for the report Bill. Bastrop is a neat little lake, headed there Sunday afternoon. Hopefully they will hit the spinner for me, cause I will defintely be throwing a C-30 at 'em. So much grass on that lake, a SB is a no brainer.

Fish On!

LH

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.