Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Bass Anglers,

We had our 5th tournament of the year on Stillhouse Saturday 5/2. It started out calm and cloudy with around 70 deg water temp. The wind picked up mid morning to around 20mph and it became partly cloudy. We had 9 teams and fished from 6:30 - 2:30 out of Rivers Bend.

The winning team, Tommy and Terry Roberts, had 9 fish for 22.18 lbs anchored by Terry Roberts 17.52 lb limit and big bass of 7.4 lbs. The Second place team, Jim Mowery and Jim Hester, had 10 fish for 20.67 lbs. There were several limits weighed in and most caught fish. I believe I heard the Rattlesnake mentioned more than once. A lot of fish were caught shallow around lots of shad. And some reported catching them on treed bluffs.

My partner and I wound up in 5th place with 6 fish for 14.95 lbs. I had 4 fish for 11.86 anchored by a 4.65 lb bass. I caught my biggest on a swimbait on a tree covered drop off, 2' down to 20', and the others in 4' -6 ' on a fence line. The morning started off real slowww for us. The first spot turned up one dink and our second spot had several boats on it. Then we found a large group of shad on a hump with fish busting them about 9:30. My partner caught his two 1.5 lb bass there and then the wind and partial sun ended the schooling. We moved to another hump/point and I caught my big bass around noon and then we struggled again for a while. I finally decided that there was enough sun to park some fish on the old fence line out back in the last hour. Sure enough we caught several including my 3 and two 2 lb bass. It was a great day to be fishing.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hello FishHead. Sounds like fun. I too live in Liberty Hill. Are ya'll planning on any more tournaments? Where can I get the details?

Sounds fun. If Terry and Tommy are winning, then I think I stand a chance!

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Come on out to our next meeting, June 2nd, 7pm at Fellowship Baptist Church. We have already voted in our June 13th tournament and will hold it on lake Travis. Call me and we'll talk details.

Chris Baker 785-5875

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.