Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone fished Fayette lately?? Headed out there next week. The wife granted some time off looking to maximize it. Only been there a couple of times, but always hearing god things.

This is first real post and have learned alot here. I've just been reading from the sidelines. Thanks to everyone for the friendly info and socializing.
Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i guess no one likes you. you don't need to go fish but if you still want to go i think someone will go with you and they may even let you on their boat.

if i post a few more things i will be able to put some pics up so i will write again soon.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I fished Fayette for the first time today, from sun up till about 3:30.  Caught probably a total of 10 fish, w/the biggest 5 going 12-14lbs.  Most fish came on a deep diving sexy shad colored crankbait, although I did catch a couple  on CR and a drop shot.   Water temp was 90 (yes, 90) degrees at the discharge at noon....63ish in other parts of the lake.  I'm fairly sure the fish I caught today were in a pre-spawn phase, but I did see a few beds and at least one fish on a bed.

I saw a couple of guys loading up on tilapia by the discharge w/a cast net, so I decided to try my luck w/the same before I left...came home w/these guys who will be swimming around in my belly w/some crown and cokes next sunday....

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Awesome! thanks for the report. I'm stoked about are trip this week. I'm excite about throwing a little cast net too to load up the freezer.... I should have practiced a little in Louisiana this weekend, Hadn't really thrown many cast nests in a while..... Kewl.

·
Registered
10,147 Posts
If needing to catch bait, get yourself a 1/4" mesh, 7-foot mono line cast net
Example: BETTS PROFESSIONAL SERIES "Betts #25"
A very workable 1/4" mesh cast net at a heavier 1.3 lb per ft. with all the features of an expensive net, but at an affordable price. Great for catching small baits to eliminate live bait from being gilled throughout your cast net. $105.00 at retailers....

and a Perfect Net Thrower..
http://www.perfectcirclenetthrower.com/HTML/products.htm

You will catch a ton in your first throw!

TPWD RULES ON Cast Net:
A net that can be hand-thrown over an area.
May be used to take NONGAME fish and shrimp only.
May not be greater than 14 feet in diameter.
In SALT WATER, nongame fish may be taken for bait purposes only

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ranger, thanks for the great info on the cast net....... sad thing was that I own one and Knobby owns one and HE!!!! forgot it. Soooooo we did not get to show off our cajun roots and throw either one of our cast nets. tisk. we did have a good time though as knobby posted.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.