Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Fayette over the weekend. Lots of schoolies coming up but didn't stay up long. Only caught a few launching a jigging spoon and on Little George's, but nothing worth mentioning.

Found another use for the 1oz jigging spoon. Dropped a rod over the side of the boat after trying to dislodge it from being hung in a tree. Spent 2 hours dragging the spoon on the bottom that day and another hour the next morning looking for it until I finally found it. Always amazed at how hard it is to find a rod in 20ft of water.

Decided to fish for a big-un, and tied on a Carolina Rigged 13inch Watermelon Copper hand poured lizard.

After many hours of fishing, finally convinced a 7lber to take my offering. Came on the edge of a tank dam in 18ft of water.

Most boats I spoke with were catching 10 to 15 fish per day schooling, largest up to 4lbs.

· Registered
4,330 Posts
Nice, thanks for the report. Glad you got your rod back!

· Registered
10,698 Posts
Thanks for the report.  Nice bass on that home-poured Komodo Dragon!  13 inches?!  Man, you probably scared the scales off all the schoolies!  Poor bass was probably biting out of self defense!

By the way, if you start marketing your lizard as "Komodo Dragon," I'm gunna need a cut of the profits!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.