Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This fish was just under 14 inches, but as you can see it's a legit 16.5 inch fish with something missing. Caught him on a Senko in the timber. How would you tourney directors handle this situation if If someone were to bring in a fish like this? The tail had apparently healed perfectly and this fish is very healthy as you can see. Just a little ...short :-?

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
415061727171130 said:
Did he fight hard?
Yes he fought well. I was surprised to see anything wrong with him. I've never seen anything like this. I was deadsticking wacky Senko's over in the timber near the dam and really doing well when I hung this one. Fished from 10:00am to 3:00pm. All my fish were clones of this one except the others had tail fins.

So would this fish be allowed at weigh in?

· Registered
329 Posts
I would think so. As long as the cut is healed and there is no sign of foul play from that angler. With as many Decker Ts I have attended I have seen many deformed fish(never one with its whole tail gone). A few years ago there was a fish that would be a 16 inch fish but it had a extremely deformed back, pretty much u shaped and was a 13 inch 2 and half pounder.So, in my opinion it should be weighed.

· Registered
2,541 Posts
One thing is for sure, you wouldn’t have to squeeze the tail to measure it. LOL

Like what was mentioned above, if it looked like the tail was healed and it measured as a under size fish, I can’t see why you couldn’t weigh it in.

· Registered
2,330 Posts
I would ask for the diector to make the call, before I weighed in. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.