Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made it to park prairie park about 2pm Thursday, set up camp and hit the water. only 2 other trailers in the lot. 75deg air and water temp, winds around 15mph so we headed to a wooded cove and started pitching creature baits at the reeds. 3lber on the second cast. Would have worried me if it had of been the 1stcast, you know how that can be. Managed several more within the hour so we knew it was on. Caught 20 by dark, all in the 2 1/2 to 4 lb range. Yamamoto flappin' hog in watermelon blk/red wsa my most productive plastic, never got a bite on a senko. Smallest fish on crankbaits.

Friday by daylight there was a steady stream of boats launching
, the wind was blowing and everyone headed to the same three or four sheltered coves and fished on top of each other. I've noticed when there are only a few guys out there, everyone is friendly, wants to chat, and when its crowed it brings out the worstin some. Heard a couple of guys using some colorful language toward their fellow sportsmen. But the crowds didn't really affect our fishing here are a few chuncks.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts

·
Registered
9,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Couple of real lookers you got there. Thanks for the report. We had to work a little harder for them Friday. All of our fish were caught in less than 10', most less than 5'. Most related tight to cover. I have to say that those Fayette fish really give a great fight. Wonder if water temp has something to do w/ that. Maybe the post spawn factor.......What kind of boat are you in? Look forward to meeting some ABF members. Most everyone Ive spoken with has been really great and I really appreciate the opportunity to talk and share w/ others that have this passion... FISH ON

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
6849562C0 said:
Couple of real lookers you got there. Thanks for the report. We had to work a little harder for them Friday. All of our fish were caught in less than 10', most less than 5'. Most related tight to cover. I have to say that those Fayette fish really give a great fight. Wonder if water temp has something to do w/ that. Maybe the post spawn factor.......What kind of boat are you in? Look forward to meeting some ABF members. Most everyone Ive spoken with has been really great and I really appreciate the opportunity to talk and share w/ others that have this passion... FISH ON
I'm in a 21 foot blue/white Sprint bay boat.  Wind made fishing points a bit of a strugggle.  It did seem the fish were shallow and real tight to cover.  I struggled to catch anything while my bud (in the pics) did ok. I blame the fact that I was using only braid.   ;D

·
Registered
9,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've run into the situation Berzerker with the braid, you really need it to wench these fish out of cover but get fewer bites. The best solution I've found is a florocarbon leader about rods length, tied w/ a uni to uni knot. This trip I used 40lb suffix performance braid and a 20lb seaguar leader....never broke a fish off but you do have to use a little more finesse with this setup. I'd rather get more bites and lose a few than the alternative..... I'm in an old 18 starcraft "v" white and blue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.