Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got on the water about 6am and started out in johnny's cove with a topwater and only picked up four, all regular fayette 2-3lbers. Then tried to go to them dam to see it loaded with people so I went to the first cove off the the dam. Worked back to the tank dam and caught six more on topwater, water temp was a couple degrees cooler back here and they seemed to be more aggressive. Got over to the rocks about 10am and the bite picked up. Caught them good for the next hour and a half on baby brushhogs. I had 7 fish in the 4-5lb range and the rest regular 2-3lbers. They were sitting at the base of the rocks in 15-20fow. Ended they day at 11:30 when my trolling motor didn't want to fight that wind anymore. Something else to figure out now, batteries are less than a year old a month ago they would last me all day. I love my boat but it seems like I'am always working on something. But hey its paid for and its never left me stranded, can't complain to much.

· Registered
4,330 Posts
Sounds like a real good morning. Thanks for the report!

· Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
62534E5745505F455E53445B57580301360 said:
I bet everyone was at the dam to stay out of the @#$* 30 mph winds! It howled on Bastrop today, too.

Be safe,
Rayzor
Should have seen the rollers going into Oak Thicket. Was running about 40 on the way in and had to slow down because my prop was catching air between waves. Did think about going to Bastrop because I've been having a good topwater bite out there but that much wind on that lake it gets packed quick in the calm areas.

· Registered
2,541 Posts
Good report Chris. I'll be on Fayette in the morning thanks to your call today. I wasn't going this weekend, but your phone call has changed things. I hope I'm able to get on as good a bite as you had today.

I'll post up tomorrow. I plan to take a few snap shots this time. Even if they're three pound fish, the photo will be taken. I also plan on keeping anything under 14 inches for the up coming fish fry on Bastrop.

So if you're out there and you see two old guys in a bright blue Ranger, stop and say hi. ;)

· Registered
2,330 Posts
Blue, when I had my javlin, I had to unhook the pos leads from the batteries because of a very small drain from the TM. Mike

· Registered
2,541 Posts
5F5C4451524040330 said:
My Delco Voyagers are still strong after 3 yrs. Just be sure to charge them up ASAP after a trip on the lake.
I too use the AC Delco and get three years or more out of em. I'm pretty sure Chris is going get some these next time, or that's what he told me any how.

· Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1E3029390F282E393D375C0 said:
What kind of batteries do you have? You can have them tested to see if any of the cells are bad. I usually get a year out of batteries, but I just switched to AGM's so we will see how long they last.
Right now Iam using the tournamet series stowaways and I Got 3 years out of my last set. I think one of my trolling batteries has a bad cell, because when I charge them one of the trolling batteries takes two days to charge when the other charges over night.
always charge soon as I get off the water. I want to get the ac delco because they are maintanence free and don't have to worry about checking them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.