Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The water temp has dropped to 88. The schooling action is beginning slow down. The schoolies that we did se were all small fish. The fish are beginning to relocate on the lake, so they seem to be some what scattered out right now. Don’t get me wrong, we caught a lot of fish, but it was two or three in one area and move on to the next. In other words, there really wasn’t any set pattern to go by. We caught fish in five to twenty FOW. We were only able to hook up with some small fish using the top water baits, so we stuck to the T/R plastic for the most. I landed 31 fish before leaving the lake, and I haven’t spoke to my partner who stayed to see how many he ended up with. I know he had caught the biggest fish between the two of us, and it was right at 4 lbs.

I did hook up with one nice fish, but I did something I should not have done as it was stripping line and I let it brake me off.

Look for the huge crowd this coming weekend, because it was pretty crowded for a mid week day.

But over all, it was a fun day.

· Registered
4,330 Posts
Thanks for the report. I have heard that the fishing has really dropped off out there. Not really worth going. So, everyone that had planned on going should just check out somewhere else.  ;)

· Registered
128 Posts
I was out there yesterday evening.  I was the guy in the FastCat chasing the fish down with the main motor (the big-foot switch to my TM quit working and I didn't feel like hard-wiring it while on the water).  

If you saw me you probably thought "why is that idiot starting his motor every 5 minutes?"

I caught 5 schoolies on a spoon between 6:15 and 6:45.

I probably could have caught 10 more if I had a working TM.  

· Registered
10,147 Posts
Doug,
When I was there on Tuesday, the smaller fish were busting near the shoreline. The bigger fish to 4lbs were out in deeper water. The lure of choice was Berkley® PowerBait® Swim Shad Swimbaits . As long as you threw it on the edges of the schooling activity.

Thanks for report.

Bass-n-Bay and I will be there this afternoon. Hope to post report. The schoolling action was much more spread out, then last week.

Robert

· Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was off the water @ 3 pm. Before that, there was little to no schooling action. I guess around 2 pm is when I saw the first schooling action on the lake, which were small fish, so it may have got better as the day went on, I don't know. And what was weird about that is the fact that they were after the bigger shad, around 1-1/2 to 2 inches.
Last week Friday they were after real small shad, like an inch long or a little less.

No matter what, the bite is now on at Fayette. I prefer the later in the day bite myself, but I have to much going on during the later part of the day this whole week, so I can only go when I can. This weekend is a blow out for sure. We have a fast pitch softball tournament to attend this coming Saturday and Sunday. But that’s ok, I like fishing Fayette during the mid week while working folks are working, or they should be any ways. It sure seems like a lot of folks are coming down with this thing called fishing fever, calling into work sick and hitting the lake. ;D

· Registered
1,177 Posts
Doug I stayed until just before 6 PM. Went back to some of the spots we tried earlier with only 1 little dink to show for it. I chased some little schoolies for a while with no luck.

I decided to try the honey hole once more before leaving. The wind was still wicked so all I could do is drop an anchor. Much to my surprise, I hooked on to something with my anchor and it held me still enough to fish. I caught 10 in about 30 minutes at the honey hole with the biggest being just shy of 4 lbs.

Really didn’t want to leave but it was getting dark and my batteries were nearly gone from fighting the wind. I ended up with 18 for the day.  

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.