Bass Fishing Forum banner

Fayette on Christmas Day

650 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Robby Crabb 
#1 ·
Mrs. Claus gave my son and I permission to hit Fayette this am until noon.  Beautiful & quiet morning on the lake w/ just a handful of boats out.  Fish didnt cooperate as much as I thought they would. I guess I need a parking lot full of trailers before I can catch fish out there.  

With overcast skies and zero pressure I forced myself to stay shallow, caught 8 all being 15 - 17".  Manns Wake bait

Got tired of slinging cranks so went to deeper rocks, caught a bunch of 12" er's (where did all my 3-4lbers go?)

Garrett (my son) requested we to the trees before we left, caught 3 17"ers out of one tree.  Went on a 10 min drought, flipped into the next tree and hooked about a 6-7 lber, it wrapped me up, came unwrapped, came up jumped like a crazy fool went back into the same tree and snapped 15lb floro like thread.  Oh well, least I got to see it.  Ended the day on that note so the boy could open presents.

Ended the day with 21 or 22. Merry Christmas to all

#2 ·
Sounds like a great way to spend Christmas morning with your boy. You did catch some fish, certainly worth your time...

#3 ·
Robby,

Sounds like a pretty good day to me. My last Fayette trip was pretty boring with only 4 fish in the boat. Although one of them was caught by my partner at 7lbs on the dam.

I have yet to put up more than 12 fish out there although I have only fished it 7 times and never during the schooling. I hate to say this and I am probably the only person in the world but I got skunked on Fayette one trip in which I lost a 7-8lb fish in the timbers and two around 3lbs each that threw my bait. Better to be totally skunked than to get a line breaker and the shakey head insults from hooked fish.

Plan on going to Fayette next week. Will run a similar pattern to yours and hopefully similar or better results.

Weemo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.