Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
10,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bass-n-Bay and I hit fayette county at 4pm on Thursday afternoon, on the way to POC (See saltwater fishing report)

Water temp was 85 degrees. Found wide spread bass schooling in Three Fingers Cove. From middle of the mouth of the cove to the left side. Schooling action was NOT like the previous times out. Struggled to catch 20 bass. Most of the them from 2lb-3lbs. Caught on Berkley Pogy and Rocket Launcher.

By 6:30pm, all schooling had stopped.

Robert

· Registered
10,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I used the lure the below to catch all my fish..I used to Pearl Red one.

Bass-N-Bay (Matt) used the Rocket Launcher to catch schooling bass. It is a great setup for casting a long ways and hitting schooling fish 50 to 75 yards from your boat. It is basically a weighted popping cork with a 3foot leader to a #12 Tony Accetta Pet Spoon.

· Registered
128 Posts
Turbobass,
I haven't bought or fished a launcher in years so maybe they've changed the design, but the top of a launcher is flat and not concave like a popping cork. I don't think it would 'pop' like you're thinking.

If I want to throw a tiny bait... I prefer the clear plastic casting bubbles you fill with water. The small ones (slightly smaller than a golfball) will allow you to throw a tiny bait far.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.