Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished our club tournament with GHPHOTOGRAPHY on Thursday, Sept. 16th. Pre-fished it one week prior with excellent results in the rain..But this past Thursday, was just the opposite. Clear, NO WIND, and HOT!

Water temp was 98 to 102.3 degrees from mid-lake to discharge. Started off at trees across from Park Prairie (Previous week, most of the big bass to 6lbs were caught)...but this time..skunked on same lures and presentations. Even went deeper, shallow up in the reeds..Nothing. Not to be out done, went to middle of dam, near rocks. Saw some schooling, but short lived. By 1pm, my partner had one at 16" (Paper Tournament) and I had zero..Ran into Cliff and friend at discharge. They were catching bass to 19" on Rocket Launchers. I finally hooked up on a 19"....followed up by my partner. Was amazed on the water temp at 102.3 and the fish were schooling. All fish caught a medium diving, sexy shad cranks...

At 2pm, we found some more schooling activity back in Three Fingers. There were several schools working the water..No boats on water...Before time was up, I had broke off several nice bass on Zell pop. I was fishing with spinning gear to get the distance with such a light lure. Caught 10 bass between, 17" and 19.25"....Lost and saw several larger bass...Partner also caught some nice bass on zell pops. Tournament ended, so did my trolling motor battery ...LOL...

Robert

PS: It is a blast to put my partner on these 3 to 4lb schooling bass...I remember back when there were larger schools...But cannot beat those bass on steroids!

·
Registered
10,698 Posts
Sounds like an expensive day of losing Zell Pops on light line! Still fun though I'm sure! Crazy how the prefishing days can confuse the T days. Thanks for another great report. Makes me want to head back to Fayette to see those fat schooling bass blowing up on top.

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
Thanks for the report Robert. This coming cool front should start to helpthings and start cooling the water a lttle. Looking forward to Fall.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
I was out there Sunday with a buddy and his dad. We boated 1 catfish (on a SB), 1 perch (on a SB), and about 15 bass (on plastics and TW). All the bass were caught in less than 3 FOW and in the reeds. When I say in the reeds.......I mean casting 8-10 back into the reeds. If you heard a splash from the worm, you got bit. If you didn't hear a splash, reel up and try again. We were on the water until that massive front blew in with 30+ mph winds and caused whitecaps on the water. I think there was a tourny going on as well.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Robert, you should answer your cell phone calls. I tried to call you to tell you where we had located some nice size fish that day, but you never answered my call. Heck I was going a try to help ya out my friend.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.