Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fayette County Reservoir can be a great lake to fish in the winter time due to it's warmer water.  The temperature near the power plant itself can be 80 degrees.  We went out with Randy Worley and Jack Waldrop Jr. and nailed them.  Soft plastics were the main bait, we also caught fish on jigs.  If it's cold out this is the place to fish.  Located 10 miles east of LaGrange the drive is worth it.  We filmed our trip.

Video = http://theanglingchannel.com/jomsocial/lee-peeler/videos/general/rcbafayettecounty.html

· Registered
537 Posts
BC: Hard to make the drive when you have a slip on LA is it? Fayette is like having your own practice lake and worth every drop of gas to and from, you really should give it a try.

I always go there when I want to get a confidence builder day and only go there every once in awhile so I leave it just for that purpose. The fish are stupid, it's small and doesn't require a degree from MIT to figure out. A person only needs to break out baits that have never caught a fish anywhere else, great way to cull crap out of the boat.

· Registered
2 Posts
Wow! What a response! I appreciate all comments both negative and positive. This has been a true learning experience.

I would like to address a(lot) of viewers concerns and questions. I would like to say that I am ashamed of my fish handling in this latest video. It will not happen again. I’m sure other people who have caught big fish have taken a photo of their catch. I was so excited about this 4 some giant catch and wanted a photo for the books. In this excitement I made a poor judgment call and admittedly did not take the care that the giants deserved. I also guarantee that I watched each fish swim away – all were alive and no fish died.

This is a show for entertainment and education, still, no excuse for this behavior. I’m sorry to have offended you, if I have.

The fishing here in Austin is great! And with the amount of fishing pressure, it changes every day. I’ve lived here on the river for over 30 years and have fished this lake in every condition and season. I don’t mind sharing information that is truthful. So to clear the air, I caught all of these fish on Valentine’s day, this year at lake Austin. All of those fish were caught on Strike King baits that I showed and no they are not one of my sponsors. I also am not familiar with the video that some people are refering to from last may, but it was not me .( This was a one time thing). All of it. I love fishing, and I am sorry if I let you down, I made a mistake. Thanks for your support. Jack Wasldrop Jr.

· Registered
10,698 Posts
Thanks for repsonding JR. It would have been better for all of us if you could have said that on the afternoon of 2/15, but better late than never. So I guess that re-hooking and re-playing 10 lb fish won't be on the agenda for future takes? Good. Good learning experience for us all. I guess.

Those WERE some monster bass!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.