Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first report in awhile. Clint_B called last night and let me know of a little tournament going on at Fayette, with just a couple of boats.

We arrive at the ramp at about 6:30AM, and start fishing at 6:45AM.

Rotated between a couple of spots, but it was tough early on.

Started trying some new stuff and got onto a pretty good pattern.

Really started catching some bigger fish (which won't help in this T since it's a slot lake), and you can't complain about that! :cool:

First nice fish was caught by Clint. A little over 4lbs.

Clint's 4lber.

Then, we really started catching some fish. It seemed like most of the boats around weren't catching anything.

One thing I love about Fayette is how fat these fish are on that lake. They eat well on this lake.

This fish was a 16"er that was a football.

16" fat fish

Same one

Later on, we moved a bit to another spot and our pattern worked there too.

Nice fish

Another nice one

And another fat one

And another...

Fat fish

Big fish which was 19.5" and weighed 4lbs 9oz.

Big fish of the day

Caught them on Rattlesnakes TX-rigged and drop-shotted.

Thanks Clint, I had fun.

We had 3 unders for 4lbs, winners had 5 fish for 6lbs. Oh well, it was fun catching quality fish, landed 20+ fish and lost a few good ones.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Great report and pics and nice fish! I'm heading to Fayette in the next week or so to. I hear they are building a 4th power plant out there, guess the water will be even warmer in the future. ;D

John

·
Registered
686 Posts
Thanks for posting up the pics RMV... Had a great time out there and glad we got them figured out so we could spend the day catching instead of fishing.  ;)  You forgot to put, best 5 would have gone 18 to 19 lbs.

Water temps were 75 at the discharge and 66 pretty much everywhere else.  There were people wake boarding and tubing out there today.  :eek:

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Thanks for the report and pics. Looks like you guys had a real good day.

·
Registered
239 Posts
76683C0 said:
Great report and pics and nice fish!  I'm heading to Fayette in the next week or so to.  I hear they are building a 4th power plant out there, guess the water will be even warmer in the future.  ;D

John
No, not a 4th plant.....just a new stack for the scrubbers we are putting on units 1 & 2. It wont affect the water temp any.

Noel

·
Registered
79 Posts
I had not been out there in over 8 years and I fish a tourny out there on the 13th when we had the 20 mph wind. It was a tough day but managed 3rd. One thing I can say from the fish that I caught and the ones in your pics is that the bass in Fayette eat well. Everyone of them looks like a football. Great pics and nice catch. ;)

·
Registered
300 Posts
1A0724353A3A002C540 said:
[quote author=76683C0 link=1229821645/0#1 date=1229822863]Great report and pics and nice fish!  I'm heading to Fayette in the next week or so to.  I hear they are building a 4th power plant out there, guess the water will be even warmer in the future.  ;D

John
No, not a 4th plant.....just a new stack for the scrubbers we are putting on units 1 & 2. It wont affect the water temp any.

Noel
[/quote]

Noel,
Do you know why the water level is about 3 feet low. Is it due to the construction, and when will it go back up?

- - - - - - Bob

·
Registered
553 Posts
Good looking Fayette bass. Those fish look so much different in the fall after their feeding frenzy. Mid summer half the fish I caught were big headed and skinny now they all look like footballs. Iam going to get out there this weekend its been way to long since I caught some Fayette footballs, its going on a month now and I think I'am starting to have Fayette withdraws ;D I'am also curios why the lake is low? I know sometimes they lower it to work on the pumps and such but I've never seen it this low for this amount of time?

·
Registered
239 Posts
765149575B3E0 said:
[quote author=1A0724353A3A002C540 link=1229821645/0#4 date=1229839207][quote author=76683C0 link=1229821645/0#1 date=1229822863]Great report and pics and nice fish!  I'm heading to Fayette in the next week or so to.  I hear they are building a 4th power plant out there, guess the water will be even warmer in the future.  ;D

John

Noel
[/quote]

Noel,
Do you know why the water level is about 3 feet low. Is it due to the construction, and when will it go back up?

- - - - - - Bob

[/quote]

The lake is 2 foot below normal level (390'). 388' is the new winter level, so this will be the norm every winter now with no rain.
The river pumps were started last Friday so we should see it come back slowly.

Noel

·
Registered
239 Posts
7E5049596F57595948594E3C0 said:
I'am also curios why the lake is low? I know sometimes they lower it to work on the pumps and such but I've never seen it this low for this amount of time?

We dont lower the level to work on the pumps. We can work on them at any level the way they are designed.
The river pumps are running as of last friday so look for the level to come up.

Noel

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.