Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arrived to Oak Thicket Campground on Friday evening. Since JJAM had never been to Fayette County before, I wanting to put him on the Bass on Steroids....Started at Hog Point on Saturday morning, fish on Yellow Magic to 4lbs. Fished shallow, grassy flats, points. Fished the back of Three Fingers and chased schooling bass on main lake near Intake. Must have  been 20+ boats chasing them too....Fayette County Schoolies are between 3-5 lbs on the average, with bigger fish caught, too. Evening bite was on from 6pm to 8:30pm, in the back of Three Fingers. Also heard across from Park Prairie....

Sunday fished till wind got up at 11am...Same results, bass caught and missed on topwaters!

Funny thing, was that my old Houston Bass Club (Member 1981 to 1986) was fishing Fayette this weekend. Saw fishermen that I had fished with back in the early 80's.. Big fish for them, was 7-11 and about 28lbs of bass for five. Most caught on weightless Watermelon Flukes. Also, Senkos in Watermelon Pepper. Fish were tight to reeds and shallow.

Water temp ranged from 88 degrees, on opposite side of intake. To 99 degrees at discharge.

Thanks to Doug (FishyTX) for showing some new techniques and areas to catch bass....

WOW...What fun on topwater. These bass were pulling and fighting very hard. Caught over 50 bass between the two of us...Hope to be back later in month. Pics coming.

Robert

·
Registered
162 Posts
Your welcome  Robert.......sounds like you guys had a great trip!  The "schoolies" should last for a couple of more weeks.  The weekends tend to get a little crowded at Fayette, but one day about two weeks ago on a Thur., I had practically the whole lake to myself. So, if you can ever hit in the middle of the week it can really be worth it....

·
Registered
78 Posts
I am going to try my luck on Fayette tomorrow. I talked my wife into going with me. I really hope we can have a good day and my wife can catch some. I have never been to this lake before, but reading the posts and seeing the fish that have been caught we would be tickled to catch some like that. Any help or pointers would really be apreciated. Thanks a lot Bob.

·
Registered
9,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good Luck...This time of year, I would be chunking weightless senko's against the rocks at the dam..Also, topwater can be good all day, against weed-lines...Crankbaits in "Parrot" color (Blue top/Orange/Yellow bottom) are good on main lake humps, in 10-15 feet of water...

I will be back in early December into January for pre-spawn bite...

Good Luck.

Hope FISHYTX chimes in....He also knows this lake!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.