Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Monday 23rd. Boated 22 fish, bass and catfish on a plum 10" worm and a dark colored gulp 6" worm. Yes the gulp worm will catch bass and catfish. Wednesday the 25th boated 9 bass, Two on the digital scale were a 4lb 15 oz and a 4lb 4oz. Friday 27th fishing same worms
caught 9 fish. The best of the three on the scales were a 3lb 3 oz, 4lb 4oz and a 6.0. Other boaters said it has been slow one to two fish or none at all. I will take those slow days anytime. All fish came off the dam and the area around the Oak Thicket Park area. Good fishing to you all.......K.J.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I have been fishing Fayette county even before it was opened.
With a floating tube and waders. Fayette has always been pretty consistent but their have been bad days too. Winter in December using a black Lizard around the trees across from the first boat ramp not oak thicket ,netted me a 9lb. My wife caught a 8lb on the second point by the first boat ramp to your left. Cheating using a water dog...oh well it is on the wall and whatever it takes. I have an 11.2 on the wall from Choke and caught a fish that slipped out of my hands on choke that i guess might have been around 9 or 10......Winter on Fayette is good. Take care and good fishing......K.J.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
And I thought I was the only one who fished this lake before it was opened up to the public? I was working for Brown & Root, we built unit 1 and unit 2 out there. We would get someone to drop us off, jump the fence with tubes and catch 50 to 60 bass every trip. We never kept any, but boy was it ever fun.

Me and two my buddies camped out on the side of the road for three days so we could fish this lake on opening day. They only allowed so many anglers per day is why we had to camp out and hold a spot in the long line.

I hate to tell this story, but here it goes. I did not read the rules when they handed them to me at the gate on opening day, therefore I had one to many fish in my live well when the game warden came over to check me out. He made me throw one fish back in, then he wrote me out a nice little fat fine, and kicked me off the lake for the day. I can’t remember if the fish had to be over 21 or 23 inches at that time, but never the less, I had four fish over the slot in my live well, and you were only allowed three fish back then.

Then I moved off to another state to continue building power plants and never fished Fayette again for a very long time. Fourteen years matter of fact. Then I moved back to Texas and I’ve been fishing it for the past twelve years now. For about the first ten years, I use to fish it once or twice a week, almost every week and I would fish it for a good 12 to 16 hours each trip. Great little lake to fish.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
its my favorite lake. My best friend lives in Magnolia and it is almost exactly the same distance for both of us. We usually pull into the park within 15 mintues of each other.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I liked being pulled around in the tube by a 3lb fish and it comes up beside you 3 feet away. One pulled me into a tree and got wrapped up. Nothing like it . A friend of mine got caught with 1 fish in the slot about 4 weeks ago got fined 120.00. He said the game warden was using bynoculars and came out of nowhere ,he thought at first he came from a submarine. No fish is worth that. I fish Choke a lot now
and cant believe the quality of the fish and every tree could hold a 10 plus. Good fishing stay warm ,and cant wait to see if it really snows Friday.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.