1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Water Temp: low 80's
Air Temp: 70's-90's
Wind: Calm to 15 MPH
J-Woody, Dad and I fished Fayette County on Wednesday from about 7:00-2:30. First time on Fayette since May. The weather and bite was crazy, but we managed 33. We had rain, clouds, sun, calm and windy all mixed in. Day started off great. We caught 11 quick fish in the first hour fishing cranks and topwaters around grass in less than 6' around Buzzard Point. Fish seemed to be stacked up on the windy side. Most of those early fish were very healthy and fat in the 2-3# range. After the AM bite quit we moved all over the lake trying to find a consistent bite. Picked up a fish here or there on cranks and watermelon caroling rigged finese worms. Would fish from the cat tails out to about 15' of water on several of the points with limited luck, about 10-15 of the fish were under the slot. Saw several good fish cruising shallow but no takers. Big fish was around 4#s taken on a buzz bait.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe the weather will be more stable for you and you can get a consistent pattern. We were fishing by 7:00 and the fish were active for about an hour or so, I wonder if we should have been fishing at 6:30. If you go early, be sure to have a shallow diving crankbait, top water and a spinner bait ready to go. When it was on, it was ON! There was only a few boats out on the lake, but we never saw anyone else catch one.
I'll be curious to see how you do.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey Skeeter John, Thats funny, I just read your post from 10/7 after fishing yesterday morning 10/10. Yesterday, we happened to start on Buzzard Point also and the fish were there. We also started with shallow diving cranks over the grass and tore them up. After that bite slowed, we headed out deeper with the CR and kept on catching them. We ended up with 70 fish up to 5-2lbs and left around 1:00. It was a good morning! Cloudy with Fog, 10-15 north wind, water temp in the 80's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.