Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The water surface was around 85 when we got there in the morning, and it was 92 to 94 when we left. Early morning bite was okay a long grass lines. The schoolies started around 10:00 am and it lasted for several hours. The only problem was the fact that they would not stay up long at all, maybe twenty to thirty seconds and then back down. So we didn’t spend too much time on this. After doing a little search fishing here and there, we went back to the top water action from about noon to 2 pm. Caught several more nice fish. The deep water and timber bite was no were to be found. I must say it was a very slow day. We ended up with 14 bass over all. One was in the four pound range, several three pound fish, and the rest were about two pounds. Even though it was slow, I still think we did a little better than what I had expected for this time of the year. If you can believe this, there was little to no wind. Therefore it was hotter than all get out. But over all it felt great to get back out on Fayette and catch a few.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jim.

Things are not so great at this point, so we deal with it one day at a time right now. My father in law passed away yesterday morning for about five minutes. My wife went to work on him and revived him. We also flew a couple of grand kids in yesterday to see their grandpa one more time before he goes. If he makes it through this week I will be surprised.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.