Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were not on fish at all. Probably one my worst trips out there. Did manage to hook up with a few nice fish, but they kept coming un-button at the boat. Switched out hooks and never lost another fish.
Sad report, but between the two of use, I think we boated something like eight fish total. I hate to admit to this as well, but we were on the water for about sixteen hours. We went from spot to spot all night long. It looks like we should have fished at the end of the baffle d i k e.
We only stayed as long as we did in hope that the table would turn for the better, but that never took place. One thing is a fact my friend, we gave it our all.  

Oh well, like the old saying goes, a bad day of fishing is always better than a good day at work. We had fun though, we talked each others ears off, that’s for sure.  Once we did hook up with a fish, then we both got a little excited that the other one had a fish on.

But if a person never has a bad fishing trip, then they would never have something to compare a good fishing trip to, right? That’s the way I look at it any ways. Oh well, I’m sure that I’ll have a few more trips like this one as the summer months continue to get hotter. Come on Fall and Winter Bite.

· Registered
9,994 Posts
Sorry to hear it didn't go your way, Fayette usually gives it up. On a positive note, did you notice that this is your 1000th post?
Keep em coming Doug, hope we get a chance to fish again soon.

Dez

· Registered
4,330 Posts
Tough trip especially as well as you know that lake. Everyone has those days though, thanks for the report!

· Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
14352A500 said:
Sorry to hear it didn't go your way, Fayette usually gives it up. On a positive note, did you notice that this is your 1000th post?
Keep em coming Doug, hope we get a chance to fish again soon.

Dez
No I didn't Dez.
But then again, I don't look at that kind a stuff. Heck I post on five different fishing forums.

Yeah I know Fayette normally gives it up, but I guess it just wasn‘t our day. We fished the north side, south side, west side, and east side. We fished every where but the end of the baffle d i k e. We found a better bite on the edges of the timber line, and just on the outside of the grass lines. I don’t remember if we caught anything along the dam. I know we gave it a good try in several places, but I don’t think we had any takers worth talking about.

The only thing we could get a hit on was T/R plastic fished with about a 1/8 weight. When they hit it, they would hit it good though. Top water and cranks produced nothing. Later in the day as we were pulling out of a cove we say everyone chasing the schoolies. I even stopped and threw into a few that came up. While doing so, I say one bass hit right beside the boat that would go a good six pounds. There were some big fish schooling.

· Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
6F373C2E3233295D0 said:
thanks for the report doug! i always look forward to fishng that topwater lake with you again! probley didnt have any of those red shad left after our last trip out there ;)
I never run out of those  Jason. I buy them by the hundred count. Not sure how many bags I still have hanging on the peg boards in my fishing room, but I know I'm not out. I may run a little low in the boat from time to time because I'm to lazy to restock, but I'm never out.  ;)

That's another thing. I completely cleaned out my boat a few days before this trip, and I only put a few things back in it for this trip. And I mean just a few things. Three rods, and one small box of baits. And everything else one needs to be legal on the water. Darn good thing too, because we got a visit by our friendly warden on the way in.

· Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
7F78787C727A7F766573370 said:
I don't remember ever having a bad fishing trip!
Me neither. When I’m in or around water or wild life, then I’m one happy camper.
I just like to do the normal human thing and complain from time to time. Got any cheese to go with that wine? Hehehehee

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.