Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a buddy out yesterday and we ended the day with a nice number of fish caught. We boated 41 total.
On the water at 1 pm. and off by 8 pm
Very light breeze with wind occasionally.
Towards the end of this trip the wind did pick up and so did the bite
Water temp 92, 91 degrees in most areas, but managed to find some at 87 degree and that's where we found a better bite.
Water clarity maybe 18 inches, Fayette always has that flat greenish look.

So with a light breeze I thought we would start out deep. I was able to graph a few but no one was in the mood to eat. Even other anglers I saw close by fishing deep did not appear to be on a bite. Picked up moved to several other deep areas but this time we found a fish or two. Folks we fished hard, fished deeper water for several hours with very little to show for our efforts. So I asked my buddy, hey do you still have that trap tied on, he said yes. I said ok, well let's move then, let's go see if we can find some feeding up shallow. We hit the north east shoreline and snagged a few small fish throwing shallow cranks and a trap. We worked several banks, even worked some timber while we were at it. Still looking for numbers and to up our quality in fish, I told him let's move again. Working our way back westward I decided to swing back to an area with 8 to 12 foot of water. Viewing my graph while I was approaching this area it was showing bigger fish feeding under bait fish and the fish were holding somewhat tight close to the bottom,* just what I've been looking for. With a sigh of relief I killed the big motor and dropped the trolling motor. We spent the next three hours around this area throwing T/R plastic because not only were we on the numbers but better quality fish as well. We caught 36 in this area. These fish were on the chew, little bellies were puffing out. We had a few 1 lb fish, but the average fish was in the two pound range with a three pounder here and there. This area really saved our trip because I seriously thought it was going to be a bust. Determination prevails and this trip is living proof of that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Decent numbers of fish, Ill be heading there in a few days, hopefully I can have the same success as you. Pardon me, but what is a T/R plastic? Still learning as much as I can about fishing lol.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have yet to figure out why this forum turns my pictures in an angle. Almost everyone I have posted gets turned side ways.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Are you using an iPhone to access ABF and then uploading pictures? I have the same issue if I use my iPhone. So I post pictures using my Windows desktop. This requires viewing the pictures in Windows picture viewer first and then turning them 90 degrees. It sucks, but it is the way Apple works. They make a good phone, but I'll be damn if they care about the rest of the world which runs on Windows.

Maybe someone else has a better solution and both of us can learn a simpler way of doing this.

BTW... Nice fish and report!

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
T/R stands for Texas Rig. C/R stands for Carolina Rig
These are some different ways to rig your soft plastics. FOW stands for Feet Of Water.
Some where on here I saw a post where someone had put these abbreviations on here for everyone to see.
Any how, I hope this explains it to you.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you using an iPhone to access ABF and then uploading pictures? I have the same issue if I use my iPhone. So I post pictures using my Windows desktop. This requires viewing the pictures in Windows picture viewer first and then turning them 90 degrees. It sucks, but it is the way Apple works. They make a good phone, but I'll be damn if they care about the rest of the world which runs on Windows.

Maybe someone else has a better solution and both of us can learn a simpler way of doing this.

BTW... Nice fish and report!
I use to do the same thing, turn the picture so it comes out right on here. I will not go through this process to post a pic. I think this is why so many people have started posting on face book fishing pages, you upload a pic or a video on FB in a matter of seconds. And it doesn't matter if I post a pic from my phone which is a android, or my PC, it is still has a 90 degree turn.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts