Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend Rick and I started out around 5:45 am and we ended the day around 4:00 pm. The wind blew from the time we got there till the time we left. But I’m not complaining, because we were on a good bite most of the day. Top water and plastic worms did the trick for us today. I did try a crank bait a few times, but I had no takers. For the most, man it was nothing but good top water action for us. As you can see, we caught a few in the timber area, a few around the reeds, and the majority of them off the rip rap. Together, we boated thirty seven fish. We didn’t take pictures of every fish we caught, but we did manage to capture a few of our moments here and there.

We also lost a lot fish at the boat today. We were getting good hook sets, but for some reason or other, these babies were coming unbutton at the side of the boat while under water.

I also mentioned that I would keep the under slot fish we caught today, and I did. As I was cleaning these fish, I felt like a trader. I’m not sure that I have ever cleaned a black bass before. If I have, then I can’t remember it. But it felt very odd filleting these fish today, that I do know.

Here are a few pics for everyone to enjoy. We had one five, a couple of fours, several threes and a bunch of twos. It was a fun day for sure………..

·
Registered
144 Posts
Culling those little ones is probably good for that lake. You're no traitor, you're a conservationist. If these Green trout tasted better, I'd harvest more small ones too.

Congrats on the solid day!

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Hey fishy, great report and pics. Your no traitor, I should do the same and I don't because I am lazy and don't want to filet the fish. It really does help a lake like Fayette. Keep the reports coming.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.