Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took an old fishing partner out to Fayette Thursday afternoon and first thing we encountered was a little rain. I thought that might get things going, but it didn’t. We could not get a single bite anywhere before the sun went down.

When we first got there, the lake had just a ripple on it. The thunderstorm came and the wind shifted to the north west. As the day went on the wind was coming out of the west, which is not a very common direction. So I got to thinking, man where do we need to fish in order to get a bite. I tried several different areas and I also tried the opposite sides of these areas hoping the fish would be there feeding in the current. Nothing.

After the sun set, it took it a little while before the moon came into play. We tried the shallow bite along the reeds, not much going on. Went to the rip rap and began hooking up with some fish on plastic. Thought the moon light was bright enough to get some on the reeds so we went back. All small fish, so we went back to the rip rap but in a different place and the bite was on. Caught several nice heavy four pound fish, really pushing five, and also caught a bunch of threes. It was a very slow start for sure, but just guessing, we probably ended up with a total of twenty fish between the two of us. Off the water around 3:30 am Friday morning.

Even though the bite sucked, I had a great time catching up on old times with my friend. He’s also a member of ABF. He goes by Zertis.

Rick, it was fun man. We’ll have to do it again here pretty soon. I wish I had taken some pictures of the fish we caught. Heck, I only took pics of the reddish moon coming up with the reflection in the water.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Always a pleasure to fish with my good old friend again. It’s been a long time. I think a lot of those fish probably weighed 5lb or so. Thought we might get a big one there on the Home Stretch before we left. Maybe next time? Thanks for a fun trip.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Thanks for the report. I am going to try and get out there this coming week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.