Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We tried a few deep areas with plastic and caught a few. Found the best chew on wind blown grass flats throwing a rattle trap in crawfish color and a shallow square bill crank bait. These fish were just big enough to keep me fighting the wind and hoping we would find a few decent fish. But we didn't, we caught one heavy three pound bass, it might have gone four and the rest were light to medium twos. They were just big enough to keep me interested. LOL
I guess that isn't to bad for 5-1/2 hour trip? And there was white caps all over this lake, couldn't really find an area to get out of it. It was still fun to take an old friend out though, we did a lot of talking.......

·
Registered
159 Posts
Thanks for the report. Are you talking submerged grass or emergent vegetation on the bank. It would be great to have some matted grass to punch this summer but haven't seen it in a long time around here except for a little on LBJ last summer.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Submerged grass. The lake is low right now, about a foot low. Not much at the waters edge. This lake is about to become hard to fish as the water heats up. I say hard, you just won't be able to get the higher numbers like 30 to 60 bass. I think a 20 bass day is going to be a good day. But it will still be good for at least another month. The numbers will continue to drop off as we approach the hotter months.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts