Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got on the water at daybreak and the topwater bite was not happening. Got 1 on popper that went right at 5lbs the not another blowup after that. Ended up with 20 for me and five for my father in-law, consisting of 2 over 5, 3 over 4 and the rest Fayette clones(2-3lbers). All fish but the first one caught on watermelon red and watermelon chartreuse rattlesnakes in 8+ foot of water in timber and off the damn. Saw some guys tearing them up on t-rigged flukes but was about to get off the water. Note to self = throw more flukes! Also broke off 5 or 6 good fish in the timber on 17lb flouro? I usually use a 6'6" medium heavy compre but might need to start using the 7'6" heavy to turn them before they get wrapped up in the timber. Fun day on the lake headed home about 3:30 or so.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Good report Chris.

Man I haven't even been on the water in over a month now.

Who knows, I might get out one day this week and wet a line. Boats charged up and ready to go, all I have to do is figure out how to get myself charged up. My get up and go is gone these days.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
4F77797968796E43567374721C0 said:
We have not been able to find a consistent top-water bite either...But I don't mind catching them on cranks or worms!  :D
It's been kind of off, I think the lake level has something to do with it. I've caught fish all day on poppers in the summertime before and now its hit or miss. Besides popper my favorite is plastics!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.