Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had what I would call a very slow day, 12 bass total . Worked hard for the few I caught. It was one of those days where you caught one here and two over there days. The best quality fish were caught in 18 to 25 FOW. The weather could not have been better, not sure why the bite was slow for me. How ever, the anglers who arrived early that morning said they had good luck and then the bite died. I arrived around 12:30 but I stayed till 8. I really thought I would be able to find a bite in that time frame but it never got going strong.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I had what I would call a very slow day, 12 bass total . Worked hard for the few I caught. It was one of those days where you caught one here and two over there days. The best quality fish were caught in 18 to 25 FOW. The weather could not have been better, not sure why the bite was slow for me. How ever, the anglers who arrived early that morning said they had good luck and then the bite died. I arrived around 12:30 but I stayed till 8. I really thought I would be able to find a bite in that time frame but it never got going strong.
We went east instead of west, to the Trinity River. We caught 18 all day. We usually catch that many in one of our favorite spots alone. Tough fishing day, I guess. The 1st really humid day for us, too.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it was very hot. I changed from shorts to pants before I left the house and I was burning up. Guess I'm disappointed in the results because I had high hopes in it being an awesome trip due to weather conditions. Guess nice weather doesn't always mean the fish will be feeding.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm thinking about going to Fayette for the first time soon. Where's the best place to launch? Are there a lot of wake boarders/party boats on the weekends? thanks!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Both of the ramps are good. I guess it just depends which direction you are driving from to the lake.

There are several spots with submerged trees just below the water so mind the hazard bouys.

Another thing about that lake is that the wind always seems to blow and that little lake can get a lot rougher than one would think.

Have a good one.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very good advice CowboyVet..
There is very little recreational boating on this lake. Probably because of the size of lake and the under water hazards out there would be my guess. A lot of timber has falling and broke off just under the surface, so please be careful and slow down when you approach an area with timber. I know a guy who tore a big hole in his boat a few months ago. How he got it back to the ramp I don’t know, but he did. The stumps under the water are big.
It’s really where the tree snapped off at the water line, so these hazards are out in deeper water like 15 feet. I know the lake pretty good and I bump these things more today than ever before, but at a very slow speed and motor trimmed up all the way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts