Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got on the water at 2:30 pm and was off by 7:30pm. I ended up with fifteen in all.  The weather was nice, little to no wind. I didn’t even look to see what the water temperature was so I have no clue. The bites I was able to find were in the intake with a T/R plastic. A crank bait bite in 6 to 10 feet of water. A couple of top water bites around the reeds, and a good bite in the timber area with plastic in about 6 to 12 feet. The bite was slow for the most part. You were either in fish or you were not. They were really holding tight in the areas they were in. I did catch one that made trip worth while. It weighed in at 5lbs. 14 ozs.  I sure thought it looked bigger than what it was,, that’s why I weighed it. I know I had a tuff time getting it into the boat. I did try to take some pictures of it, so I’ll post something. The pictures suck, but I tried. But I did capture my fishing partner checking out the fish. This was her first time out in the boat. Oh puppy dog did okay for her first trip.

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. >((((º>

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I also envited several of the non boater ABF members on here to fill my back seat but I had no takers. Maybe next time guys.

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. >((((º>

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Doug
You sure know how to hurt a guy. Yesterday was rough. Every minute of the work day I told myself you should be fishing with doug. But no.....I was working.
Looks like you had a good day, dont listen to my ramblin. LOL Look forward to fishing with ya soon. Have fun at Nascar today.
Jim ;)

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Let me add something else to this thread while I am thinking about it. If you are fishing around the intake area, there is this one rip rap rock that is standing up on edge, but yet 6 to 8 inches under the water on the south side around the mouth of the intake were the rip rap rocks come out into the water. It's almost solid white on the top due to so many boats hitting it. So if you go into this area, be sure to look out for it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.