Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and fishytx pulled into oak thicket at the same time to find the park totally dark no lights, except for the lightning storms all around us. :eek: Got on the water around 5:15am with high winds and headed over to our first spot. Day started out real slow until the winds died down to almost nothing between 7-8am. Then the topwater bite was on!! We ended up boating 45-50 fish mostly on cranks and poppers, with only 5 coming on t-rigged plastics. Only 10-15 fish were under 2lbs the rest fell between 2-4lbs with one 5lb kicker that doug picked up on a crank. Threw poppers at the reeds and cranks at underwater grass beds and ledges. This was my fist time to ever throw a crank on Fayette and it won't be my last.  Fished till 5:30pm, debated on staying for the evening bite but couldn't take no more fun for one day, Great day on the water. Very informative for me( believe me doug knows fayette ;)) Great day on the water. Thanks doug for coming along and showing me a few pointers on fayette. Hope we can do it again soon- next time in the ranger. ;D ;D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.