Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Oak Thicket today from 7-5pm. The water looked a little higher than my last trip out there a month ago. It also looked very stained......You couldn't see a white/chart SB in a foot of water. Water temp ranged from 62-67 degrees. I caught 20+ fish, all from points in 6-8FOW on a suspending jerkbait. I couldn't find the big girls and everything I caught was spawned out and looked like the pic below. The reeds were full of hudreds of fish fry about 1/2" long. I didn't see any beds and only spotted a few fish hanging very tight to the reeds and they were very skiddish.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
During this time of year with high winds out of the south or south east, the north side of the lake will cloud up pretty good. You can find much clearer water a long the rip rap.

My guess would be that all of the fish on Fayette have spawned out by now. If not, then you might find a few still in process on the east side.

I need to get back out there pretty soon, it’s been a while.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
040B110A1B161A620 said:
During this time of year with high winds out of the south or south east, the north side of the lake will cloud up pretty good. You can find much clearer water a long the rip rap.

My guess would be that all of the fish on Fayette have spawned out by now. If not, then you might find a few still in process on the east side.

I need to get back out there pretty soon, it’s been a while.
Thanks for the tip ;)

·
Registered
431 Posts
4A796A620B0 said:
Fished Oak Thicket today from 7-5pm.  The water looked a little higher than my last trip out there a month ago.  It also looked very stained......You couldn't see a white/chart SB in a foot of water.  Water temp ranged from 62-67 degrees.  I caught 20+ fish, all from points in 6-8FOW on a suspending jerkbait.  I couldn't find the big girls and everything I caught was spawned out and looked like the pic below.  The reeds were full of hudreds of fish fry about 1/2" long.  I didn't see any beds and only spotted a few fish hanging very tight to the reeds and they were very skiddish.  

Okay, I'll bite. Why do you have the word "same" on your left wrist? Do you have "different" on the other? LOL!

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay, I'll bite. Why do you have the word "same" on your left wrist? Do you have "different" on the other? LOL!
Yep....weekly contest and each week the code word changes and the type of competition. This week it was best five with the code word "same". Winning-est angler of the year wins an award and prize....and bragging rights!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.