Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fished my first (paper) tournament with the Tonkawa bass club at Fayette Sunday, 2/8.  I pulled a small limit out of the discharge area by 9:30, primarily on a tilapia colored Academy H2O (square billed) crankbait.  Culled 4 times throughout the day with fish caught on a full size brush hog and/or 3/4 oz football jig in the timber NE from the discharge.  There were a ton of boats out there and everyone seemed to be catching fish.  I finished 5th w/ 16+ lbs...it took over 20 to win it.   It was my second time to be on the lake...and it definitely won't be my last.  BTW, our next club tournament is a 2 dayer on Amistad, March 21-22.  If you're interested in joining a Federation affiliated club, you could do a lot worse than Tonkawa....they're a great bunch of folks from what I've seen so far.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Fayette-Monday visit launched around 9:00am, light rain all day off and on but my buddy and I caught around 10-11 nice bass. Biggest around 3lbs.
Fished with 10" motor oil grande worm, fire tiger/lavender crank bait and 3/8 oz buzz bait among several other brush hogs..
We hit a point and caught first cast, the rest was crazy but fun.
Been a while since I posted but thought I would share.
Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.