Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Met dad at Oak Thicket a bit after 8am and stayed in the truck til after 10 when the lightning and rain stopped.  Pretty much caught fish on everything we threw,  soft jerk baits, cranks, drop shot, and the c-rig.   The fishing was slow and only managed around 10ish and missed about half as many, with nothing over 3lbs. All the fish we nice and fat!  The water temp. when we put in was in the low 60's  and of course hot over by the discharge.   All in all a good day fishing, and a great day spent with Pops!  
JR

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Re: Fayette 12-27-08

I was out there Sat and dont remember seeing any lightning. Fished a paper T with another website I am associated with. Partner and I caught 6 ranging from 14"-20". Most were little chunks, except the 20"er. Caught ours on shakey heads in about 4' with timber, one off end of baffle dike, and another on red Diamond Shad in 4' with timber. Front rolled in at 1245. Saw some pretty amazing wildlife too. Saw the biggest bob cat I have ever seen in nature, came out, got a drink then sprayed everywhere. At the end of the day, in telephone pole cove, saw a smaller bobcat jump out of the reeds and catch a cormorant for lunch! Over to Orsaks for lunch afterwards.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.